• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

nancy jean

Beach Comber
Jul 12, 2005
Marietta, GA
Does anyone know if the Summer's Edge/Ramsgate access is completed? I have some friends who would like to stay at my home on the 27th for a few days and I am really hoping that it's open by now. I was there a week ago and the posts were in the sand but no decking yet :dunno: Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wastin Away

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2005
I was there this weekend and it was still just posts. It looked like some lumber had been delivered but that was it.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
We stayed at a cottage this summer near Summer's Edge and of course the beach access was destroyed. We had to use the public access at the end of the street. It really wasn't any trouble, though. We didn't mind. (Just in case that lumber doesn't turn into an access by the time your guests arrive. :razz: )

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Wastin Away said:
I was there this weekend and it was still just posts. It looked like some lumber had been delivered but that was it.

Same today.

FYI - the water is as clear today as it ever gets. ;-)

Wastin Away

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2005
kurt said:
Same today.

FYI - the water is as clear today as it ever gets. ;-)

I told my husband this weekend that the water was beautiful and the beaches in that area looked great. I was very impressed. We have not been down since the first of July so I did not know what to expect. Now all we need is for the county to hurry and get the access finished. I thought the access was suppose to be done by mid-October, although walking to the other access is not bad at all.

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Mermaid said:
We stayed at a cottage this summer near Summer's Edge and of course the beach access was destroyed. We had to use the public access at the end of the street. It really wasn't any trouble, though. We didn't mind. (Just in case that lumber doesn't turn into an access by the time your guests arrive. :razz: )

I pretty sure that the Ramsgate access is a county access? It is on the list that was put out by the county. The Eastern Lake access is a public county access. If Ramsgate is a public county access, then the county is planning to rebuild it once the season is over. The Eastern Lake access has been improved since Dennis and is a great access to get to the Lake and the Gulf. Kurt has some great pictures of it in his members section and on my Virtual Tour. :clap_1:

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
wetwilly said:
I pretty sure that the Ramsgate access is a county access? It is on the list that was put out by the county. The Eastern Lake access is a public county access. If Ramsgate is a public county access, then the county is planning to rebuild it once the season is over. The Eastern Lake access has been improved since Dennis and is a great access to get to the Lake and the Gulf. Kurt has some great pictures of it in his members section and on my Virtual Tour. :clap_1:
Besides the Eastern Lake access, there is another access immediately west of Summers Edge off Eastern Lake Road. :D

nancy jean

Beach Comber
Jul 12, 2005
Marietta, GA
Thanks everybody! When I was there I used both the Eastern Lake access and the one to the west of Ryan Street. The kids love to be near Eastern Lake and the beach was sooooooo beautiful! I guess we'll just have to put up with a little inconvenience for awhile longer, the clear water and white sand are worth the walk. Hopefully my guests will feel the same :D

tivoli

Beach Lover
nancy jean said:
Does anyone know if the Summer's Edge/Ramsgate access is completed? I have some friends who would like to stay at my home on the 27th for a few days and I am really hoping that it's open by now. I was there a week ago and the posts were in the sand but no decking yet :dunno: Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
The Summer's Edge/Ramsgate access is not available as of today.
We are staying in Summer's Edge and the posts are still there w/o
beach access.

Wastin Away

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2005
tivoli said:
The Summer's Edge/Ramsgate access is not available as of today.
We are staying in Summer's Edge and the posts are still there w/o
beach access.

What home are you staying in?