• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Dec 23, 2015
I realize this is going to sound political but this is the type of person I fear the most, emboldened armed angry white male, not some random Muslim terrorist the Presidential candidates would have you freaking out about.

This is the 4th violent incidence he has had with people in the neighborhood. The guy has major anger issues and each time the violence escalates. If there is a next time it won't be pretty.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I realize this is going to sound political but this is the type of person I fear the most, emboldened armed angry white male, not some random Muslim terrorist the Presidential candidates would have you freaking out about.
Bingo, you win!

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Would you care about the wishes of the victim if he had been shot or stabbed? This innocent individual has been assaulted!
Actually I think the guy should have been arrested for assault with great bodily harm and then allow the judicial system work it out after the arrest. I will also tel, you about this, in the past I had a child attacked by a dog and I regret not killing it right then and there. The law was of no help as was animal control. Although I was told if something happened to the dog they would be coming to speak to me. As some folks know the type of job I do, I carry a tool and am not afraid to protect myself, my crew or my patients from aggressive animals.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I love how some people think they are required to threaten the victim because the system failed them. I understand where you are coming from Bob Wells.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Another sheriff ADKINSON quote:

The case is a difficult one for investigators, according to Walton County Sheriff Michael Adkinson, because “it’s pretty clear no one involved meant for what happened to happen.”

“It was clearly the result of mass confusion,” Adkinson said.

Are you kidding me???

Four plates in a pastors jaw and witness to back up the story?

It sure seems as if the suspect is being protected. He's an engineer and should know better.

Neighborhood folks have opined on SoWal and nw FL Facebook. All the same story.

If he ever does get arrested, Clayton ADKINSON will probably be his attorney, if he's not already on retainer.

Unreal Sheriff Mike, unreal.

Looks like another Ruder Case brewing.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Sounds like he is going to walk. This guy is a first class chickensh*t. He claims he was protecting his wife when he sucker punched a priest who was in a defensless position and then threatens onlookers before running home and leaving the wife he was supposely protecting at the scene. I've heard hints through a third party account that he may be trying to mount a PTSD defense. Can't vouch for the accuracy of this info. It may just be a rumor.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Reading through all this and get to the part about Destin Roofing and it all comes together.
He almost ran us off 331 back in the Summer...flipped us off as he got by us, tried to pass another car on the bridge, passed a car on the right at the light at 3280 and then disappeared he was going so fast. Crazy dude and driving the Destin Roofing truck. Don't know if the sheriff's office pulled him over or not.

Dec 23, 2015
Think John G made the Walton Sun today..

I didn't see any updates in Walton Sun or NWFL Daily news today? I CANNOT believe this guy hasn't been arrested yet!!!! Father Tom showed up to the Christmas Eve service at his church. Even though his jaw is wired shut, he "spoke" very briefly and said "I am sure most of you have heard about what happened. However it is not what the papers reported. This was not a dog fight, it was a dog ATTACK." He then told everyone they need to work on forgiveness then he broke down into tears and had to leave. This is so unbelievably SAD. This man's dog was viciously attacked, as was Father Tom.