• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ThirtyAGal

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2007
Tennessee
I'm anxious to get an organic duck at Seaside Farmer's Mkt. while I am there, but don't really have a great recipe for cooking it. I like duck with a crisp skin and a sweet glaze. Anybody have an ideas? I saw some that were posted a few years ago, but we'll be in a condo and I don't have any special cooking utensils (crock pot etc.). Thanks.

Last edited:

ramsey

Beach Comber
Feb 21, 2009
I found this post The best way to roast a duck (hello crispy skin.)
on http://www.thehungrymouse.com/ It seems to have detailed good instructions for a simple roast duck with no special pots utensils etc....looks great...lots of pictures/fairly straightforward. Now, I want to try this also. :)....I have never cooked one. See ya at the market!

Last edited:

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
I'm a lazy cook but have roasted one of her ducks, the meat is so good it doesn't need a lot of stuff. Roasted it whole on 395 for an hour (depends on size of duck but Renee will advice you on that). Turn broiler on and broil for 5 minutes at the end. The skin will be fabulous. If you feel the need for a glaze get one of Renee's jars of Red wine pear confit, just smear it on top. Almost forget. Once you take it out of the oven cover with foil and let rest for 20 minutes. If the condo doesn't have a roasting pan get one at Publix the cheap aluminum ones that everybody uses at Thanksgiving for Turkey. You're on vacation, cooking is o.k. cleaning should be optional.
Also as a reminder you need to preorder ducks and chickens Renee doesn't bring extra this time of year here's her email renee@twinoaksfarm.net

Last edited: