• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
RECORD STORE DAY - Home

This is a very cool event which will allow us to celebrate local music and music in general at our very own SoWal gem - Central Square Records in Seaside. If you're like me and you appreciate an honest-to-goodness funky fresh, unpretentious, indie record store that is a place you can hang out and find out about the latest and the oldest music, then you should go to Central Square Records (above Sundog Books) on April 18th for lots of fun and great local music including Dread Clampitt, WACO Ramblers, Gileah, and more.

MySpace.com - Central Square Records - 41 - Male - Seaside, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida - www.myspace.com/centralsquare

YouTube - Little Freddie King Central Square Records Seaside, Florida

A note from Central Square Records:
Central Square Records located in the heart of downtown Seaside, Florida is celebrating National Record Store Day-a celebration of the unique culture surrounding local independent record stores- on Saturday April 18, 2009! This is one day that independently owned record stores across the country come together with artists and music lovers to celebrate the art of music.

Many record labels are supporting the event with limited-edition records by artists such as Radiohead, Modest Mouse, Sonic Youth, My morning Jacket, Sublime, Tom Waits, Bob Dylan, Elvis Costello and Derek Trucks- just to name a few. This is a great time to support your local record stores and grab some great exclusive items. We will be celebrating with live in-store performances throughout the day from Dread Clampitt, Waco Ramblers, Black Creek String Band, Gileah and the Ghost Train, Reed Waddle and more. Plus, lots of free goodies and surprises. Store hours are from 9am until 8pm -see store for schedule, line-up and more details.

A quick background on our involvement.....As you know, the environment for independently owned music stores has changed quite a bit in the last few years for many reasons. Last fall our store was invited, and joined C.I.M.S.(the Coalition of Independent Music Stores).

The coalition works with record labels and artists to create programs each month featuring artists that we(coalition members) choose to promote-unlike what you will find on the shelves at any of the big chain stores we all know. This has given us a closer relationship with many record labels and artists big and small. C.I.M.S. was one of the founders of Record Store Day and this year's will be the 2nd annual event. Please take a look at the C.I.M.S. website http://www.cimsmusic.com/ to see what they are about, and the record store day site as well http://www.recordstoreday.com/Home You will find more info there.

Celebrate the experience that you can only get from your local independent record store.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Stop by the store today and listen to some good music and soak in the atmosphere. You can also catch the Farmer's Market this morning.