• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JMT

Beach Lover
Aug 5, 2009
Seagrove Beach, Fl
Roughly 25 concerned citizens showed up for today's Recycling Forum at the County Courthouse annex, which was led by outgoing (next month) County Administrator Greg Kisela..

I could just stop right there, however, those that did show up were very engaged and many had great ideas and questions. There were two presentations, one by Walton County's recycling coordinator, and another by the former Coordinator at Hurlburt Field. They were both informative, and there are some good ideas floating around for the future of recycling in the county. We are recycling at less than 2% in Walton County..:creepy: less than 2% (diversion rate).. A Waste Management representative said Okaloosa's pilot program, operating since February, has already reached 30%.. We are way behind, and I fear as long as the county is exempt from state laws concerning those diversion rates, and as long as the general population in the county turns a cold shoulder to it, Walton County may continue what I consider a shameful record on this matter..

The meeting was cut short by time constraints on the meeting room..

I would like to thank my customers very much for their efforts, and also the people at the County who help me in helping my customers.. And I encourage all of us to recycle, one way or another. I hope we can spread awareness, and find common ground on what will best help push this agenda i believe to be important in this beautiful area we call home.. JM Turner

Last edited by a moderator: