• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

redrocket

Beach Lover
May 29, 2006
in constant turmoil
www.myspace.com
:lolabove: :lolabove: Finally!!! Walton County has entered the 20th century and has a recycling program. i didn't know about it until recently. You don't have to drive your trash to the recycle bin any longer. Now the county will give you blue bags for your paper, plastic, and glass. Just put the bags out with your normal trash pick up. The boys up at the big house sort it all out. The bags are available at the public works office in dfs. start recycling people. i'm not a hippie, but damn.

RedSpeck

Beach Comber
May 11, 2007
PC Southside
That's an excellent idea. I just wish they'd get something like that set up over here in Bay County. At least Panama City, anyway.

I'm only wondering one thing though...if they do, does that mean we'll get drug back from the 21st century to the 20th?:blink:

:D

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:wave: red rocket! My name is Miss Kitty and I am addicted to recycling! :D

grace

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2007
here & now
:lolabove: :lolabove: Finally!!! Walton County has entered the 20th century and has a recycling program. i didn't know about it until recently. You don't have to drive your trash to the recycle bin any longer. Now the county will give you blue bags for your paper, plastic, and glass. Just put the bags out with your normal trash pick up. The boys up at the big house sort it all out. The bags are available at the public works office in dfs. start recycling people. i'm not a hippie, but damn.
Also available at the Sun office on 393N.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
...and the Bldg Dept, located adjacent to, and north of, the SoWal Courthouse Annex.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007

Yea..it is great--I am addicted wish more people and visitors would do it!!

I HAVE ONE IMPORTANT RECYCLING QUESTION FOR ALL THE SO-WAL subscribers.... I noticed the garbage guy take tge blue recyling bags and sling it into the back of the truck with the rest of the garbage--I watched them--the blue bag split open and my recylables mixed in with the rest of the garbage???? What is up with that... do they separate out the blue bags from everything else?? I NEED ANSWERS!:dunno:

ladyj

Beach Lover
Nov 29, 2006
Jail inmates working at the landfill sort the blue bags from the rest of the trash and then sort the contents of the blue bags for recycling.