• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jewban

Beach Comber
Aug 13, 2007
first of all...I am going against the grain here but, I don't get why people love the red bar AT ALL. Maybe because I don't drink and I like peaceful places.
MY BREAKFAST WAS AWFUL!! Completely tasteless. Although it is cheap, I'd rather spend the extra $ for some decent food. Quality over quanity, which I know is not the red bar policy but it should be, especially at breakfast.
The place was so loud (stayin' alive at 8 am???please!), the food was terrible. I felt so sorry for the waitress, some older woman (who later announced to the entire room that she had to fart...did I mention this was an OLDER woman??...such class) kept coming up to her at tables and telling her what to do, asked me 5 times (at least) if I wanted refills on my coffee, after I already told the older woman, I was fine. The poor waitress just said "I'm going to go ahead and fill your cup, just leave it there so I won't get in trouble."
I have only lived here for a year or so but I think the red bar has a very limited fast-food type menu, which is fine for tourists but I don't get why locals think this place is so great. Just beacuase someone plasters a bunch of crap on the walls and duck tapes seats doesn't really make it a cool place (tacky & overrated would be more appropriate) to eat or hang out. I guess because there's really not anywhere to go in Grayton to drink and the locals here drink a lot, I noticed.. Or maybe just a southern thing, I don't get the hype AT ALL.:dunno:
Just my opinion:yikes:

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
I don't see the magic of the place either. I don't have anything against it. It's just not for me. Maybe if they took credit cards...

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Two sides to every story? Or just a couple of posters who had bad experiences? :dunno:

No, not a bad experience. Just not my kind of place. So many others enjoy the Red Bar and that is great for them. Believe me, Oli is not missing my few bucks.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I love the Red Bar for dinner or lunch (when the tourists aren't in town so I don't have to wait) and their Halloween party rocks, but the breakfast is just a simple breakfast, not great food. It's a casual funky place and has its own niche.

People who want a gourmet or quiet breakfast should go to Hibiscus, Broken Egg, Blue Orleans, one of the coffee houses etc.

jewban

Beach Comber
Aug 13, 2007
Chico

thanks for the welcome
and like I said, I don't drink, so that could be it the problem.:dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.