• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I was suprised to see that last night heading to the beach. Sign says "meet us at the 331 instead".

The 331 has a banner that says "closed Wednesdays and Thursdays - meet us at the Red Bar".

The beach is looking very good. Recent windy weather has brought up more clean, fine, white sand. It's like walking on powder snow, scrunch, scrunch. :D

A

Anonymous

Unless it's put on the national historic register, it will be gone sooner rather than later. :sosad:

graytonrbust

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2004
Wellington, AL
Butlers Store holds my most cherished memories. Not only the store, but the section that held the old wooden booths, the old pinball machines, the juke box, everyones names carved and written everywhere. Then later the pool tables, (which I actually thought were in the way of the dancing....) The parties on the weekends and almost daily in the summer. The crowds of young people from all around. The street dances.... The drink called "suicide" (every fountain drink available in one cup, for those of you that are not from that era).
I personnally hope that building stands forever, however, if some misfortune takes it from those of us who will always cherish our times spent there, our memories will live forever.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Buster said:
Unless it's put on the national historic register, it will be gone sooner rather than later. :sosad:

Not sure who you are, Buster, but until Oli puts up a post confirming what you say, then as far as I'm concerned, the Red Bar ain't going anywhere.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
So let us ask the Man. Oli, what do you say? Is the Red Bar for sale? Any thoughts for the future of the Red Bar? Can you silence these rumours?

Smiling JOe