• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Well, I've been mostly off this board for about a month (except for my trip report) because I was on vacation for 2 weeks, family came to stay with us for the week we got back, and now I'm off to Florida this morning. I've been reading (it has been a wild month for postings!) but I haven't been able to keep up with the postings (I'm also trying to get my work done in my regular job - yikes).

Anyway, we're heading for SoWal this morning for a week and hope to see our SoWal friends (old and new) while we are there. We are hoping to go to the Red Bar this Sunday evening so maybe we'll see some of you there. My question is whether there's a band playing at the Red Bar this Sunday night, what time, and who.

Thanks and I'll be posting more again soon. There has been some wild stuff going on in the lounge!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Wild? Why, whatever do you mean, Miss Paula?:rotfl:

Can't wait to meet you--heck who knows when and where I might show up--maybe even the Red Bar!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Hope you have a great time in SoWal!

Dread Clampitt will be there. Here's their schedule for the rest of the month:
Thursday 17th - The Sea Bar - Santa Rosa Beach, Fl. 7:00-10:00

Friday 18th - Funky Blues Shack - Destin FL 9:30-1:30 - Waco Ramblers Open

Saturday 19th -Funky Blues Shack - Destin FL 9:30-1:30

Sunday 20th - The Red Bar - Grayton Beach - 12:00-3:00

Sunday 20th - The Red Bar - Grayton Beach - 7:00-10:00

Monday 21st - The Red Bar - Grayton Beach - 7:00-10:00

Thursday 24th - The Sea Bar - Santa Rosa Beach, Fl. 7:00-10:00

Sunday 28th - The Red Bar - Grayton Beach - 12:00-3:00

Sunday 28th - The Red Bar - Grayton Beach - 7:00-10:00

Monday 29th - The Red Bar - Grayton Beach - 7:00-10:00

Thursday 31st - The Sea Bar - Santa Rosa Beach, Fl. 7:00-10:00

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Thanks. I may just have to check out this Dread Clampitt phenomenon! :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I don't think their schedule is correct. My understanding is that Dread will play the usual 12-3p on Sunday, but I think they will be at another location in Destin on Sun evening to wrap up shooting a documentary.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Well, we're here, happy, relaxed, and waiting for our friends to come in today to stay with us, too.

THANKS for the schedule for Dread Clampitt. We had dinner at the Red Bar on our way in Thursday, and I asked the woman at the cashier and she said Dread Clampitt would be there Sunday evening. Soooo... we're hoping our friends want to go and then we'll be there. He's a drummer for a band himself, so I think they'll want to go. Hope to see some SoWallers there!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Well, we're here, happy, relaxed, and waiting for our friends to come in today to stay with us, too.

THANKS for the schedule for Dread Clampitt. We had dinner at the Red Bar on our way in Thursday, and I asked the woman at the cashier and she said Dread Clampitt would be there Sunday evening. Soooo... we're hoping our friends want to go and then we'll be there. He's a drummer for a band himself, so I think they'll want to go. Hope to see some SoWallers there!

what time are you going? we're having a rest at home today, but maybe later (if we get naps) we'll feel like some mashed pieta...:lol:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I repeat, it is my understanding from Kyle's announcement last week that Dread Clampitt is not playing at the Red Bar tonight. They will be finishing up a video shoot for a documentary at a location in Destin. The shoot in Destin is supposed to start at 6:30pm, so I think they wouldn't have time to get back to the RB and set up for a show.

However, you can catch Dread Clampitt from 12-3pm today at the Red Bar. :D