• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I really hate to ask for fear of scaring visitors off, but have there been any reports of red tide in the last couple of days? :dunno:

Fuzz had a call at Gulf Place yesterday and says that the moment he got out of the car, his eyes began burning. Even after rinsing them out with saline solution, last night he was still :blink: :cry: .

He's better today, after a dose of Benadryl and many vials of Refresh...

Last edited:

Biff

Beach Fanatic
HERE ya go Shallows---->>CLICK HERE

I really hate to ask for fear of scaring visitors off, but have there been any reports of red tide in the last couple of days? :dunno:

Fuzz had a call at Gulf Place yesterday and says that the moment he got out of the car, his eyes began burning. Even after rinsing them out with saline solution, last night he was still :blink: :cry: .

He's better today, after a dose of Benadryl and many vials of Refresh...

GIjo

Beach Fanatic
Jul 4, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Can't you just throw a bunch of anti-biotics into the ocean????:funn:

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach

Hmm, I don't think there is any Red Tide out there right now. I am really sensitive to it and can pretty much smell it way before other people begin to comment, and I haven't noticed anything.

As far as Red Tide goes, I am the canary in SoWal's coal mine.

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
This is from Mr. Surf's web page yesterday:

WARNING: Red Tide is present. You may experience - Headache, burning eyes, sore throat & cough. DO NOT get in the water with any OPEN cuts or wounds & DO NOT GET NEAR THE WATER if you have Respiratory health problems. If you do get in the water take TYLENOL (best) or aspirin before going surfing & afterwards =it helps with symtoms. WASH OFF thoroughly with soap after surfing.

Tuesday 10am update 9/25/07:
Surf has not changed mush since earlier this am. Mostly tiny /maybe learner waves- knee high at best- = basically flat for surfing here in PCB. Some small but FUN LOOKING Easterly skim lines rolling in along shoreline. The swell we expected from the Low in the Gulf will not develop. We will see an Easterly wind swell today & tomorrow push towards the West on the East facing beaches. (FWB calling waist to chest high East Wind swell & Buoys reading at 4.9ft) It's a nice beach day (warm & a bit humid).
Enjoy the day. The water is Emerald clear green w/temps in lower 80s. Jellies out & about = be careful. YELLOW FLAGS in PCB. Red Tide is present but the offshore flow is keeping it at bay. No seaweed.
THANK THE LORD FOR ALL HIS GOOD BLESSINGS! - Honor God, Stay Fit, Share Waves & Have Fun!

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
...that being said, i surfed the last two days with no ill effects....