• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NSully

Beach Comber
Hey all -

So my husband and I are relocating with our two small girls this summer. (it is NOT on a whim because it is 6 degrees here in the cleveland area today :blush:)

We will be down the first week in April to meet with real estate agents, look at elementary schools, etc..... Plan on renting the first 1 or 2 years until we decide on best area for us etc...

My husband will be expanding his web marketing company and I will transfer my Real Estate License and look for a good broker/company to hook up with.

My husband is originally from New Jersey and I am from the Cleveland area. We met in college (WVU) and then lived in Boston for 8 years before coming to the Cleveland area about 6 years ago.

So we know what it is like to relocate and how important it is to find the "right" area.

Does anyone have any advice? We're in our thirties, HAD a very active social life until our girls came along :dunno:......and now we like to socialize, go out for cocktails, dinner a few nights a week....so we are looking for an area with some fun activity but not too crazy. We like to be outside, hike, bike rollerblade, fish (husband)..etc....

I'ld REALLY appreciate any advice....thoughts on different areas.....we plan to look at south walton, destin, maybe Santa Rosa???

Thanks! Nancy
www.Nancy-Sullivan.com

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
The 30-A area is MUCH better than Destin! :wave:

Someone was trying to rent out a house on the bay in Point Washington a while ago - that or somewhere along 30-A would be a perfect place for you and your family.

FloridaBuckeye

Beach Lover
Sep 4, 2008
Welcome from a Buckeye

Hope you enjoy it down here, we love it! I am in the minority, I think though. I am loving this chilly weather!

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
I second the Pt. Washington area. Both the Montessori & Bay Elementary schools are there. Have exp. with both public schoold & LOVE Bay.:love:

Congrats on your decision. This area is wonderful.

Lane Rees

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2006
Clearly South Walton is a wonderful place to live .. high quality schools (A rated), an active chamber of commerce for your husband and you to network with on web/real estate interests, excellent dining places for you as well as family to enjoy, outdoor activities abounding, and just a great place to raise your family!

From Inlet Beach through the coastal lakes on 30A over to Miramar Beach .. Pt. Washington and other communities along the bay .. offer gorgeous sunrises to the east and sunsets to the west. You will love it here!