Rental Agents for Dune 1 Townhouses

Discussion in 'Rentals - Vacation' started by ameness, Mar 23, 2005.

1. ameness

ameness Beach Comber

I found that Dune Allen Realty is the agent for about 1/2 of the Dune I units, but I can't find any information on rental agents for the other units. I have reserved one townhouse for a week this summer but I am trying to get another for my sister and her family for the same week. Dune Allen doesn't have units 1, 2, 6, 9, 11, & 14 on thier list. Does anyone know if these rent during the summer, and if so, by whom? (Are there any signs outside the units?) Any information would be sincerely appreciated. We are just returning to summers in Dune Allen after about a 10 year diversion. I've spent hours searching the rental agencies on the web for a Dune 1 listing with no luck.

I saw the before and after pictures of Destin with the before view from the Dr. Strangelove movie. I remember going to a little motel on Destin's beach, Capri by the Sea, as a kid in the late 60's. In the 70's we stayed beachside somewhere in Walton county but I can't place where. By the 80's we had discovered Dune Allen, our own little secret back then. We continued to spend a week every summer at Dune Allen for many years, as the high rises took over the Destin beaches.

2. GVM

GVM Beach Lover

3. FoX

FoX Beach Fanatic

I guess they should be on this site. :!:

4. ameness

ameness Beach Comber

Thanks for the replies. I checked all the by owner sites. as well as every Realtor I could find on the web. On Unit #12's VBO site it is the Dune Allen Realty phone number that is listed. I guess the other owners can afford to keep their units all to theirselves and not have to rent. How I envy them!

I guess there won't be a family reunion at the beach this year, but I'm glad I'll still be going. Time to start compiling a list favorite restaurants from the other thread.

5. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

I E-mailed that unit on vrbo asking they contact you and I got a reply from Dune Allen Realty. :lol:

A very large number of people bought condos 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago as an occasional vacation spot. They are mostly paid for. It drives some of the new folks nuts because the old folks don't want anything to change. A lot of the new folks want to make repairs, add pools, etc. and the old folks say no.