• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Anyone have an opinion on the Watercolor rental program. Thinking of putting my cottage in the program. Need some advice

No opinion on WaterColor Rental Program, but have you ever seen Kurt's rental program? He takes some great shots of your house with 360 degree views etc. He wont mind that you are not in Grayton Beach.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thanks Joe. We do all we can to help owners and agents get places booked, but we don't manage any rentals.

A lot of owners were unhappy with WaterColor last year because there were a lot of vacancies. Though I think that's due more to the newness of the development, combined with high expectations from owners that have a lot of money invested.

Bookings may be higher this year, and at some point WaterColor will be fully booked year round like Seaside.

Oldtimer

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
Mississippi Bound
Kurt, have you considered going into politics? You always provide the politically correct response, but I think you actually temper it all with the truth. You are usually right on target.

I love your photos. Unique perspective. Thanks for posting often.

Stay dry today.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Oldtimer said:
Kurt, have you considered going into politics? You always provide the politically correct response, but I think you actually temper it all with the truth. You are usually right on target.

I love your photos. Unique perspective. Thanks for posting often.

Stay dry today.

:cool:

The only place for me in government is in the tax code. :sosad: :lol:

Last edited:

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
I'd love to hear the politically incorrect skinny on the Watercolor rental program. I've heard there's a minor revolt among the condo owners at Watersound, and that the management fee is 43%!

Joe Complete

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2004
Taxahassee FL/Watercolor
Hefty Fees

We looked into the Watercolor rental program about 6 months ago. The fee was 40% and the rules were very strict. The rules dictated how often mattresses had to be replaced and many other specific items. They also do not allow you to advertise your own residence. In the end we decided against it.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Last edited: