• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30asmarthomes

Beach Crab
Oct 23, 2014
The renters are coming!

If you're a homeowner, this is the most stressful time of the year for your property.

Renters are great for our local economy, but lets face it, renters are not always the perfect guests when it comes to your home. From dings and dents, to doors left open and huge power bills, you might be feeling the rental sting even after they have left.

30A Smart Homes can help you keep your home under control even while someone else might be staying there. We specialize in basic home automation, particularly smart thermostats.

Let's say you are a homeowner on 30A, and you happen to rent out your property while you're away. We give you the power to access your home's heating and air from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you want to put your air conditioning on a schedule, or even just raise it a degree or two, now with just an iPhone or computer, you can.

Say goodbye to those huge power bills from all the times the renters left all the doors open and air conditioning on 68º.

We use
state-of-the-art Nest® products, with a wide variety of features and easy access from anywhere with an internet connection.

For more information, visit 30asmarthomes.com today so you can some peace of mind from all those rental season worries!

FLYER.jpg

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I use a wifi thermostat.can only imagine the discussion when the wife sets the thermostat on 65 only to wake up and it's on 68....who changed it ? :wink:

My advice is to build/buy what you can afford without rentals. This has made our life so much easier. Plus we can be at our beach home anytime we want without the stress of walking into our home and seeing renters' abuse. Steel1man, if you rent your residence, get a Nest. You can control the temps remotely via your cell phone.

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
We will save so much energy with this type of technology. I go in so many rental homes that are ice inside when it's hot outside, and vice versa. And sometimes they've been vacant for quite awhile and/or won't be occupied for awhile.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
My advice is to build/buy what you can afford without rentals. This has made our life so much easier. Plus we can be at our beach home anytime we want without the stress of walking into our home and seeing renters' abuse. Steel1man, if you rent your residence, get a Nest. You can control the temps remotely via your cell phone.
BR I have a condo that is just a rental with the Honeywell wifi...hence the wife story....I changed there temp.....

Mike Smith

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
We've also had a great experience with the Honeywell Wifi Thermostat. We have fixed min/max temps for both heat and a/c and I can monitor the temp from afar. Actually, i don't see too many cranking the A/C down to the lowest setting either. Kind of a nice surprise not to see everyone trying to crank down the A/C all the time. Lastly, since it's hard wired, no need to worry about the batteries.

We also use remote monitored digital locks, too. Makes it easy to give renters individual codes they can easily remember and have them auto enable & expire depending upon arrival and departure times. And for fun, i get alerts from the owners closet locks if someone tries to access them. ;-)