• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WLD

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
ATL
If you are renting a WaterColor property through the official WaterColor rental agency, you have access to all the wonderful WaterColor recreation amenities. Most are provided at no additional charge to Resort guests.

However, if you are renting directly from an owner or another agency, you do NOT have access to the Beach Club and Grill, the Beach Club pool, or the tennis facility. You also CANNOT use the Resort-owned towels, bikes, canoes, kayaks, beach gear, and fishing gear. If you use these amenities, you are trespassing and/or stealing and can be prosecuted as such.

Some homeowners who manage their own properties advertise these amentities as available to their guests. This is false advertising. Buyer beware.

Rather B Paddlin

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
Are you allowed to use the side walks????? :dunno:

I do have to confess. I once used the restroom in the boat house. I did not rent from Watercolor. I am deeply sorry for breaking the law. By the way they were very nice.

Just messin with ya.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
WLD said:
If you are renting a WaterColor property through the official WaterColor rental agency, you have access to all the wonderful WaterColor recreation amenities. Most are provided at no additional charge to Resort guests.

However, if you are renting directly from an owner or another agency, you do NOT have access to the Beach Club and Grill, the Beach Club pool, or the tennis facility. You also CANNOT use the Resort-owned towels, bikes, canoes, kayaks, beach gear, and fishing gear. If you use these amenities, you are trespassing and/or stealing and can be prosecuted as such.

Some homeowners who manage their own properties advertise these amentities as available to their guests. This is false advertising. Buyer beware.

I had heard awhile back that an owner who manages not through WC can pay an extra fee (quite high) to allow guests to use amenities. is this not correct?

How do you know who is a true guest of an owner and who is a renter?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
It is my understanding that if you use an outside agency/or self rent your property you do pay a fee in order for guests to use those amenities. You were just fine using the restroom at the Baithouse...the restaurant is open to the public!!!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Also...when you check in, you receive coded card keys to use for door to your rental, bikes, pool entrance, boat use, etc. I would think that owners renting outside of the WC rental program would have to pay the amenity fee! If they are advertising as such and not delivering....that's a sham!

Rather B Paddlin

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
Sueshore said:
It is my understanding that if you use an outside agency/or self rent your property you do pay a fee in order for guests to use those amenities. You were just fine using the restroom at the Baithouse...the restaurant is open to the public!!!

No, the boat house. We were paddling behind WC and had to go. We docked, the employees were very nice. They wanted to know if we wanted to borrow a couple fishing poles. No, there was not a bathroom attendant.

I am not sure how you would know who is a guest or who is someone just visiting. :dunno:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Rather B. Paddlin said:
No, the boat house. We were paddling behind WC and had to go. We docked, the employees were very nice. They wanted to know if we wanted to borrow a couple fishing poles. No, there was not a bathroom attendant.

I am not sure how you would know who is a guest or who is someone just visiting. :dunno:

Sounds like you had a wonderful experience at WC! I'm glad to hear we are not paying for bathroom attendants! I suspect many people are roaming around the area to see what's happening, just as we still do in Seaside. These are not gated communities.

WLD

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
ATL
There are a lot of misunderstandings, which is the reason for the post.

Homeowners who don't participate in the rental program can pay a fee to use the amenities themselves and for their personal guests--but only when the homeowner is in residence. Rental guests do not get access to amenities if the homeowner chooses this route.

How is this tracked? Key cards and the guest computer system.

The staff and homeowners are nice about "visitors" (when you gotta go, you gotta go RBP!) but when the popular facilities, like the Beach Club, are busy they will check.