• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
For $200K we could have sent 15 locals to college to get accounting degrees!!!

Anyone else want to volunteer as an UNPAID reviewer of all expenditures? The paid personnel don't seem to be doing their job AT ALL!
While I think an UNPAID reviewer would be fine, I am not sure one is needed. The Walton County Taxpayer's Association does a fine job of making us aware of the misspending and spending of our taxpayer monies. It costs very little to support them and may I suggest that those who are not members become one.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
They only get in trouble if someone questions it. :roll:

When people just approve it and sign off on it, there is no problem.

We just paid $200K for a 2-3 page report.

Morning Glory

Beach Comber
Nov 8, 2010
$200,000 spent

They only get in trouble if someone questions it. :roll:

When people just approve it and sign off on it, there is no problem.

We just paid $200K for a 2-3 page report.

My best guess is that after the audit got underway there were more people than Mares involved so the scope was altered.

Morning Glory

Beach Comber
Nov 8, 2010
$200,000 spent

How much did Sonny Mares reportedly spend on the dinner in question that got him fired? $200,000 could have bought a lot of dinners.

Mares was not fired, he retired after one of the BCC prompted by the new TDC Director sent Czar Mattison to see him.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Questions to ask;
How did Bill Imfeld get the authority to sign anything obligating the BCC or the TDC? Was it budgeted? Did he know how much it cost before he signed the agreement?

I'm sure Dawn just told him to sign it so she could funnel some more money out of Walton County to her buddies out of state. Note the absence of the name of this CPA firm.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
If they move it will just cost us more - someone will claim that we still need their services so we'll pay extra for them to commute. :roll:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Is anyone minding the store here? These people need to move on to Tallahassee or Washington. They are far too adept at wasting money to be stuck in county government.:sarc:

Yes, the fiscal conservatives of the GOP. :cool: