• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Happy Sunday! If any of you think that holding the April 1st continued Hampton Inn at Seascape during a crazy busy spring break week is a BAD idea- let your commissioners know! This is the email I sent this morning. It took 10 minutes and a cup of coffee.[FONT=&quot]

Good morning,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am sure you all have received plenty of comments about the Hampton Inn project, but this email is about the location of the continued meeting on April 1[SUP]st[/SUP]. Another venue must be considered rather than holding the meeting at Seascape during one of the craziest weeks of spring break. It is completely unreasonable to expect your constituents and the other interested parties to fight the Miramar Beach spring break traffic at 4 in the afternoon (not to mention what a hardship this 4:00 time is for working citizens, business owners, and parents who have after school activities with their kids). You might as well put up a blockade to keep people from attending such an important community meeting! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have asked several of you why this meeting was not held at South Walton High School and the answers had to do with sound, acoustics, and lighting- all easy things to work around. I don’t think many in the audience was overly impressed with the sound system used at Seascape or the acoustics of that room, so why not at least have a meeting that is closer to the community it is serving? I can’t believe that we can’t work with the high school to iron out any sound problems in advance of the meeting. If stage lighting brightness is an issued, spotlights can be repositioned (or not used at all), and since this isn’t a theatrical production, the house lights can be on as well. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please consider changing the location to SWHS so the community can really participate without so much hardship on our time and the transportation problems caused by spring break.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you all in advance, and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help move this meeting to this more appropriate venue.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sincerely,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jenny Dargavell[/FONT]

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Great Idea. I'll be sure to send them a request. Hope others will as well.

The school is a perfect place, with all the seating and equipment needed. Plus, its paid for by tax dollars so it should be free.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
I just heard that the meeting has been rescheduled to 4 p.m. Monday, April 20 at the Emerald Coast Middle School