• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jim Boothe

Beach Comber
Mar 31, 2014
We will be down there for 9 days, in two weeks. It's our third straight year along 30a. Looking for a few popular suggestions between Destin and PCB, preferably South Walton. We are staying near Gulf Place this year. Give me two favorites to dine, drink, hang out, etc, etc, and why they are special. Thanks!

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Louis Louis order the fish with cheese grits and spinach, in my humble opinion the best dish they serve and the tuna dip is good as is the bread pudding and the crab cakes. If you like to cook fresh seafood, Shrimpers Seafood Market on Hwy 98, awesome customer service. Redds Fueling Station and you can hang out anywhere especially in Gulf Place. Enjoy your stay, watch the beach flags and swim where the lifeguards are cause I don't want to meet you under bad circumstance.

Jim Boothe

Beach Comber
Mar 31, 2014
Thanks Bob, that's exactly what I'm looking for. This is our first year of staying on the west side of 30a, so we're not as familiar with it as say, Seaside to Rosemary Beach. As for the swimming, paddle boarding, etc.....We love the ocean and waves, but also try our best to have fun sensibly.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
Preacher's, La Playa, Sunrise Coffee, Cafe Bolo, Perfect Pig, Pizza By the Sea, Highland House, The Vue ($$)..... all super close.

Local Catch, Marie's Bistro, Johnny McTighes, Nicks, Blue Mountain Creamery (Try the banana pudding ice cream), The Bowery, LaLobas Bakery. Within stumbling home distance. Don't ask how I know!

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
m1a1mg, you are absolutely correct and I occasionally stumble home from some of the above, particularly Marie's and McTighes.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It is Nick's that have the $1.95 margaritas and yes, they are good.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
All of the above! Especially Local Catch Bar and Grill, Marie's Bistro! Louis Louis is a must for dinner. May be the best in town.

Don't forget South of Philly.. The best little hidden gem in SoWal.

Basmatis is a real local favorite for Asian inspired food, lunch and dinner. Excellent lunch prices, an early dinner special. So good we visit at least a few times a week.

Nick's in Blue Mountain Beach is a real local tradition for great Seafood. Love it so much.

Pick up some steamed shrimp at Goatfeathers in Blue Mountain Beach .. The best in town by far.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
If you like live music check the SoWal Music Calendar to see who is playing at Marie's, Local Catch, La Playa, The Red Bar, Stinky's, Pandora's, Redds, etc. Don't forget about Baytowne Wharf, filled with family events and activities, also night time fun, music, etc.