• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Hi:

Have there been any restaurant changes other than Santora's in the past year? New restaurants/dining establishments/deli's? Any going out of business or have gone out of business?

What days of the week have "specials" that are good at different dining establishiments? We plan to eat out a lot (and do take out alot) when we are in the area next week.

Thanks much,
Paula

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I like Thai Cafe in Grayton Beach but they are closed for the season. They opened this past summer and their main place is the Royal Orchid in Sandestin.

I can't help you on specials for days of the week but i know many places have them.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
restaurants

Thanks. I know Angelina's has a lunchtime special during the week that works great when eating out with a family. We always do that once or twice. And, of course, Red Bar at least once. Our kids always vote for Angelina's and Red Bar.

Best,
Paula

Paula said:
Thanks. I know Angelina's has a lunchtime special during the week that works great when eating out with a family. We always do that once or twice. And, of course, Red Bar at least once. Our kids always vote for Angelina's and Red Bar.

Best,
Paula

We love Angelina's too. Great food, atmosphere, wine :blush: :mrgreen:

CJ

Beach Lover
Feb 16, 2005
Pt. Washington
eating out

Someone was telling me Bayou Bill's up on 98 has winter dinner specials for $9.00 - $11.00. I've been here 10 years and never eaten there but may have to give that a shot. I am always looking for good cheap (which is relative around here) places to eat. Don't forget on pretty days to go to D&K for their fish sandwich with an incredible view. Also on pretty days I like to get take out from Cocoon or Panhandlers which is the best BBQ chicken I think I've ever had...yummy
CJ

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Thanks, your suggestions are useful. We often get take-out at the deli's, and I've had the BBQ ribs but will try the chicken at Cocoons. We also get take-out cooked fish at Captain Zaki's which is good. We put the steamed shrimp on pasta. With a family of 4 with two young children, we're always looking for inexpensive and convenient ways to eat. We'll try the Sushi special 5-7 at Fish out of Water this coming trip. The girls love Key Lime pie and we try it at every restaurant to compare... it's a family tradition. When I go the 30A on my own, then I try the expensive restaurants (e.g., Basmati's).

Where's panhandlers? This one is new to me.

Paula said:
Thanks, your suggestions are useful. We often get take-out at the deli's, and I've had the BBQ ribs but will try the chicken at Cocoons. We also get take-out cooked fish at Captain Zaki's which is good. We put the steamed shrimp on pasta. With a family of 4 with two young children, we're always looking for inexpensive and convenient ways to eat. We'll try the Sushi special 5-7 at Fish out of Water this coming trip. The girls love Key Lime pie and we try it at every restaurant to compare... it's a family tradition. When I go the 30A on my own, then I try the expensive restaurants (e.g., Basmati's).

Spicy Noodle is pretty good and inexpensive. I like Angelina's better though. One of my favorite "fine dinning" restaurants is The Smiling Fish Cafe at Blue Water. Food compares to Cafe 30A but the price is around 40% less :shock: Dang! I'm getting hungry! :mrgreen:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Paula said:

Panhandler's is inside the chevron on the corner of 98 and 393. It's a little cafe with meat and three. Good fried chicken. Very popular with the pickup truck crowd.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
RiverOtter said:
Spicy Noodle is pretty good and inexpensive. I like Angelina's better though. One of my favorite "fine dinning" restaurants is The Smiling Fish Cafe at Blue Water. Food compares to Cafe 30A but the price is around 40% less :shock: Dang! I'm getting hungry! :mrgreen:

Correction: Smiling Fish Cafe is located in Gulf Place, corner of 30-A and Hwy 393. They get many compliments on the Duck Breast Salad.

Bayou Bills, on hwy 98, does have specials, on food and booze, but you will have to call for the hours and days of specials.