• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Lookout Freeport!

Seriously, does one think all this “repeal” propaganda is going to take traction?

I can hear it now from a state representative, “Yes, I voted to prohibit Walton County’s (and any other governmental body in Florida) overreach of private property rights confiscation with no due process. And yes, over 80% of my peers in BOTH houses agreed and voted the same simply because due process is guaranteed by this great country. This is not a liberal vs. conservative, rich vs. poor, black vs. white or any other of the traditional confrontations that we are overly exposed to on a daily basis. This is about protecting a minority against the desires of the masses, exactly what the U.S. Constitution was designed to do. Private property rights cannot be taken by any government without DUE PROCESS, period.”

And continuing on, “And now there is an activist group who is trying to shame us and the Constitution with a picture of a little girl on a beach with no one around and the words that this is not a picture of a trespasser.”

Folks, it’s all obvious propaganda. Certainly nobody would want the government to cut a road through one’s home without due process. But that’s exactly what customary use activists now want. They want to use the private beaches NOW before due process has a chance to take place. And they also know this will take years, just like any other judicial process of this magnitude. But the real proponents of customary use don’t want to lose out by HAVING TO WAIT IN IN THE MEANTIME. They want to build more 4 story condos, homes, restaurants, real estate offices and roads. And opening the remaining private beaches before due process has had a chance will certainly add fuel to an already out of control fire. Then get ready for another repeal....50 foot building limitation.

Think going to the beach from Freeport on 331 on a Saturday or any other day during the summer is bad now? You ain’t seen nothing yet, not to mention the lack of parking and other facilities.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Lookout Freeport!

Seriously, does one think all this “repeal” propaganda is going to take traction?

I can hear it now from a state representative, “Yes, I voted to prohibit Walton County’s (and any other governmental body in Florida) overreach of private property rights confiscation with no due process. And yes, over 80% of my peers in BOTH houses agreed and voted the same simply because due process is guaranteed by this great country. This is not a liberal vs. conservative, rich vs. poor, black vs. white or any other of the traditional confrontations that we are overly exposed to on a daily basis. This is about protecting a minority against the desires of the masses, exactly what the U.S. Constitution was designed to do. Private property rights cannot be taken by any government without DUE PROCESS, period.”

And continuing on, “And now there is an activist group who is trying to shame us and the Constitution with a picture of a little girl on a beach with no one around and the words that this is not a picture of a trespasser.”

Folks, it’s all obvious propaganda. Certainly nobody would want the government to cut a road through one’s home without due process. But that’s exactly what customary use activists now want. They want to use the private beaches NOW before due process has a chance to take place. And they also know this will take years, just like any other judicial process of this magnitude. But the real proponents of customary use don’t want to lose out by HAVING TO WAIT IN IN THE MEANTIME. They want to build more 4 story condos, homes, restaurants, real estate offices and roads. And opening the remaining private beaches before due process has had a chance will certainly add fuel to an already out of control fire. Then get ready for another repeal....50 foot building limitation.

Think going to the beach from Freeport on 331 on a Saturday or any other day during the summer is bad now? You ain’t seen nothing yet, not to mention the lack of parking and other facilities.
Do you have anything other than scare tactics or anything to say other than "stay off my beach"?

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Nothing to be scared of big bob1. Personally, I don’t fear traffic, lack of parking and other facilities. I just tend to avoid the situation.

But you obviously missed the bigger picture regarding that WE ARE ALL PROTECTED BY DUE PROCESS, even those of us who don’t own restaurants, develop property or sell real estate.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Nothing to be scared of big bob1. Personally, I don’t fear traffic, lack of parking and other facilities. I just tend to avoid the situation.

But you obviously missed the bigger picture regarding that WE ARE ALL PROTECTED BY DUE PROCESS, even those of us who don’t own restaurants, develop property or sell real estate.
I think you will get more satisfaction by sitting on the beach and screaming at the waves.