• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mujd96

Beach Comber
Apr 7, 2006
Kansas City, MO
My family and I just returned from a weeklong stay in Rosemary Beach. I thought I'd share my thoughts on some of the restaurants we tried. First, the good: We ate at Seagrove Market Cafe twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. Nothing fancy, but for good old fashioned fried seafood, it can't be beat. We also really enjoyed the pizza at Spicy Noodle, the vegetarian was excellent! Wild Olives in Rosemary Beach had just opened and we ate lunch there once. Quite good, with some excellent baked goods. We also enjoyed the cheap and simple breakfast at Summer Kitchen. We also enjoyed the Red Bar--except for the crab cakes and mashed potatoes. The potatoes tasted like glue and crab cakes were not much better. They had way too much filler, and not a particularly good crab flavor. I thought they would be much better. Of course, we returned to Thomas' donuts in PCB for a couple of morning treats. Their donuts can't be beaten!

The bad: Old Florida Fish House. This was by far the biggest disappointment of our trip. My wife had the fried grouper, which was the best of our entrees. It still wasn't as good as Seagrove Market though. The salads were lousy, brown lettuce with bottled Ranch dressing. I had the stuffed fish special and hated it. The deviled filling was tasteless and had very little shrimp and crab in it. We would not return.

Because we had two small children with us, we did not try one of the higher end places such as Fish out of Water or Cafe 30A, but we hope to next time.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Thanks for the reviews, I have had the same experience at the OFFhouse....((food quality))

Thomas' donuts are the BEST all around....and the Noodles pizza is my fave....

Glad you had funn!!!:clap_1:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
ok I will
30A Skunkape said:
I agree regarding the Fishhouse, although they always have good sushi when I go there. Menu fair is just kinda so-so. Maybe give them another try for sushi :dunno:

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
InletBchDweller said:
Thanks for the reviews, I have had the same experience at the OFFhouse....((food quality))

Thomas' donuts are the BEST all around....and the Noodles pizza is my fave....

Glad you had funn!!!:clap_1:

that was our experience at the offh too - we decided it was just food, that's about all you could say for it.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I am willing to cut them a little slack, since they are still fairly new and are working the kinks out.

We ate at OFFH on Friday 5/19 and I thought it was decent, but nothing to write home about. It was INCREDIBLY loud in there and was just so completely chaotic, we really couldn't enjoy the food (which I thought was pretty good, and I am very critical/picky when it comes to dining out).

For those who don't know, the owner, Charlie Morgan, is the same guy who owns Harbor Docks in Destin and Dharma Blue in Pensacola. Ironically, the guy is opening a restaurant here in Tuscaloosa in the coming months. So with that in mind, I'll refrain from ripping OFFH. But I will say the place needs some better direction than it is currently getting. Hopefully, within the next few months, they'll get their act together.

I do wish they had an outdoor seating area. That place is screaming for a big screen porch for tables.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
mujd96 Thanks for the reviews.....please also do try BORAGO'S on your next trip!! You will not be disappointed!!

Where is Thomas' in PCB?? I am totally blank on this one.....but you all are making me want to find it!!

OFFhouse....have been there just once....that was enough. I need to hear consistent good things before we do that again....and I really do like Harbor Docks....so it surprised me for sure!:dunno:

Had yummy dinner tonight at Seagrove Market....oh those hush puppies!!!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Thomas's is a donut shack on Front Beach Road in Panama City about 6 - 8 miles from the intersection at 98 and Front Beach Road near Carillon. It's on the left. It's just go old fashioned diner type coffee and donuts (cheap). Probably not worth going during peak traffic times, but worth it off season and if you're going through that part of town anyway. (e.g. I sometimes pick up some donuts on the way back from Walmart)

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
Thanks Paula!! Will have to take my little grandson down to Thomas' for a SURPRISE!! I cannot believe this is the first I've ever heard of it!