• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Does anyone know what happened to Rockstar out in Destin? I got the invite the other day (gotta love the lag time for forwarding addresses) for the NYE party. Anyway, I wasn't sure if they sold it or if they just renamed it and relaunched it. Is Rik still the owner? Anyone know anything? Just out of curiosity. I know it's called Jet now or something like that...

scrltbegonya

Beach Fanatic
Dec 14, 2005
SRB
Coca-Cola threatened to sue if the name wasn't changed...I don't know any more than that, though.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
scrltbegonya said:
Coca-Cola threatened to sue if the name wasn't changed...I don't know any more than that, though.
That's the answer I was looking for. I looked on the website and Legendary- or Rik is still running the show. Thanks!

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
I'm a bit out of the night club scene (heck, they were called discos in my day) - but what I remember reading was that Coca Cola bought the name RockStar from them. There was no change in ownership, but they are doing some revamping of the club.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
sunshine said:
I'm a bit out of the night club scene (heck, they were called discos in my day) - but what I remember reading was that Coca Cola bought the name RockStar from them. There was no change in ownership, but they are doing some revamping of the club.
Well they own that Energy Drink Rockstar. Interesting though...
The place is cool. I wonder how it's doing now. I was there when it first opened and we were working to do a private party there. They may have started a little big for their britches. I mean it's Destin kids, not Miami. People aren't going to pay for bottle service. Just my thought. But if they do, more power to ya!

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
Kimmfun, you are correct. The article that ran in the paper indicated that when you read between the lines. Said something about downscaling the place to "attract the locals".

Seems like the pompous attitude was a real turn off.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
yippie said:
Kimmfun, you are correct. The article that ran in the paper indicated that when you read between the lines. Said something about downscaling the place to "attract the locals".

Seems like the pompous attitude was a real turn off.
Yeah. When I met with him he tried to talk me into flying NY editors down on their private plane to wine them and dine them. First- the editor would laugh in my face, second- waaay too expensive. He has an LA attitude and I totally saw what he was going for, but he wasn't going to get that in Destin. I think it was worth a try though.

I mean there was a $20 cover unless you were on "the list".

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
I often wondered who was on "The List". Obviously not enough people were, or cared to be.

A lot of "self worth" not shared by the general population here.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
yippie said:
I often wondered who was on "The List". Obviously not enough people were, or cared to be.

A lot of "self worth" not shared by the general population here.
Whitey and I were on "the list". What a joke though. They asked me to help them create a list of "imagemakers and tastemakers" in the area. All I could think of was Whitey. We would go late at night, walk in, laugh and walk out. 331 actually lost a doorman to them. We'd see him there late. It was a hoot. For the most part I couldn't buy into the whole deal.