Ruth's Chris

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by Jdarg, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

We are going to Ruth's Chris tonight to spend a gift certificate that expires in a week :)pissed: ). But my irritation over that little detail can be vented elsewhere.

Anyhoo, other than the obvious steaks, what do y'all order there? What salad is good, or seafood? I like steak OK, but would probably order something else that is lighter. I remember a discussion about this place, but couldn't find it. So you Ruth's Chris people, please give me the scoop! Thanks!

2. JB

JB Beach Fanatic

I have been to probably four different Ruth's Chris. As you probably know, everything is a la carte. If you order a side, split one with your significant other. The lyonaisse potatos are pretty good. Of all the different steaks they do, I prefer the strip. The lettuce wedge with bleu cheese is my favorite salad they do, but they're all good.

Sorry, but I don't have any experience with other entrees. It is, after all, a streak house. When in Rome......

3. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Alright you guys--- T minus 3 hours 'til cow time. Nobody has any other favorites at Rufus Chris' Steakhouse (that's what Kate is calling it)? I guess JB is right- when in Rome, eat a steak swimming in a butter pool! I am a butter addict- maybe they can just bring me the pool of butter and a straw.:blink:

The bad news is my almost 6', 165 lb. son will be with us. He could eat 3 steaks. Maybe I will nibble off of his. Bdarg will be guarding his own plate like a pit bull. I looked at the menu and there are some garlicky shrimp that sound up my ally. A friend mentioned a chopped salad. :dunno:

I WILL be having the creme brulee!:clap_1:

4. audie

audie fartblossom

sorry this is late, but here goes :

chopped salad, filet with bernaise, au gratin taters, carrot cake to go for dessert. this is one of my fave places to go for special occasions ! yummy !

5. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

I wonder if jdarg licked her steak plate???? I'll be checking back in the early hours to see the review!!! I had crab cakes tonight...guess where? Now, I am sitting here with the TV stuck on C-SPAN2, where Mr. Kitty had surfed to before falling asleep!

6. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

I am ill. Just got off the phone with Peapod, which kept me distracted through my groaning stomach. I may be over the worst of it. BBQ shrimp (best part of the meal- the bread soaked in the sauce was way YUM!), caesar salad, lamb chops, halibut, steak, fries (kids were with us), and CREME BRULEE!!!!!! Our children were great and lovely company- no nosepicking at the table or anything!:D

BUT- it was an evening of "Jdarg, this is your life!" It is prom season, so lots of prom dates there for dinner. Then, I ran into MY senior prom date, we laughed, yada yada. As we were leaving, ran into my 9th grade prom date. At that point, I hauled a$$ outta there- it was only going downhill. My son probably thinks I dated half of Louisville!:eek:

7. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

You little Loose Louisville Lady!!! Were your former prom dates still going to proms?????

8. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

:floor: :floor: No thank goodness, considering we are all old enough to have kids old enough to go to proms!

Actually, my senior prom date was a good friend, and he married a really cool gal- have always liked the both of them. My 9th grade prom date was a guy I grew up with, and the only boy in school taller than me. We still have lots of blackmail stories about each other. He wore a baby blue tux to prom- I about died, even in the 70's.:blink:

9. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

Snellville, GA., Seacrest/Seagrove as often as we
    No,No, it could have been worse. I love JB....but his earlier post mentioned that Ruth Cris was a "streak place". Then there was the reference to "when in Rome". I just had these visions of the little dargs sitting by with :eek: on their faces. Meanwhile you and bdarg.......well, you get my drift! :shock:

10. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Well, some of the prom dresses were pretty darn close to naked, so I guess it could be a "streak" place! Bdarg and I were not streaking- we were too busy smearing our faces with butter and sauces.

I am giving up for the night- I am "butter drunk" and must lie down....you ladies carry on the funn and post some great reading material for the a.m.!!!

11. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

Snellville, GA., Seacrest/Seagrove as often as we
    I'm toast! Check you in the a.m.! Sweet buttery dreams, gull friend! ;-)

12. Allifunn

Allifunn FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com

OMG...HOW freekin' ironic!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: two prom dates in one evening!!! someone is trying to tell you something...but what could it possibly be...:dunno:

13. audie

audie fartblossom

their bbq shrimp is the best - we get it for an appetizer sometimes. glad you had a good time. were you wearing a prom dress ?

14. yippie

yippie Beach Fanatic

Ruth's Chris is not open yet in Destin. It opens on May 15th.

15. Rudyjohn

Rudyjohn SoWal Insider

it is.

16. JB

JB Beach Fanatic

Well, I had already deleted my post, as I noted after she astutely pointed out my typo. Sigh.

17. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear
    This thread is hysterical and I don't even eat steak!! :rolling:

18. KY oyster eater

KY oyster eater Beach Lover

I think I may have taken you to a prom....hahahahaha. Me? Seneca High School Class o' '77......30 year reunion in September. It'll be a doozy.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  19. 30A Skunkape

30A Skunkape Mr. Small Box

Ruth's Chris...:banned:

NEVER AGAIN!!!

20. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    A Tulane alum owns the Ruth's Chris in Atlanta, and Tulane alumni Mardi Gras parties have been held there. He always serves NOLA food as well as steaks, so that's great when you're in Atlanta and missing NOLA. A lot of the flavor depends on the items being covered in butter BTW. :yikes: If I had caught you earlier, jdarg, I would have told you to ask for no butter. The food is pretty good, but you get a month's worth of fat grams in one meal.

Sorry - drive-by post. The prom date story is hilarious. :floor:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007