• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I'm counting down till........Theirrrrrrrr Back!:clap: :clap: :clap:

2007 Training Camp

The New Orleans Saints announced on Thursday, June 21 that they will be returning to Millsaps College for their 2007 training camp. The club will hold its annual summer training session on the campus of the Jackson, Miss. school for the second consecutive season, with players due to report July 25.

"We learned last year the value of having the team together as a group in the atmosphere that Millsaps provides," said team Owner and President Tom Benson. "Everyone at the school and in the city worked hard to make our stay a success last year, which is something we all appreciated. And we're close enough where not only our fans from across the region can come and drive to camp, but we have the unique opportunity of bringing our team to the fans we have here in Mississippi and the Gulf Coast, it is important that our fans attend practice and be a part of our preparation for the season."

"We are proud to have the New Orleans Saints back with us this year and look forward to the excitement that always rolls in with the team," said Millsaps College President Frances Lucas. "The presence of a professional football team on the Millsaps campus was a very positive experience for the college and community last year, and we look forward to opening our doors to them again this season."

The team will conduct 28 practices on the campus starting on July 27 with a morning practice starting at 8:50 am. A detailed training practice schedule will be posted under the events calendar on NewOrleansSaints.com on a regular basis, with dates and times of practice being subject to change due to weather and other extenuating circumstances. The team will depart Jackson on August 4 traveling to Canton, Ohio for the Hall of Fame Game on August 5, against Pittsburgh. The team will officially break camp on Sunday, August 19 with the final practice at Millsaps taking place on the morning of August 17.

"We're extremely pleased to be heading back to Millsaps this year," said Saints Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis. "Training camp is a crucial time for a team to come together and prepare for the upcoming season, and the campus at Millsaps gives us the right environment to focus on that process."New Orleans Saints 2007 - 2008 Schedule
PRE SEASON
DATE OPPONENT TIME/
RESULTS

Sun Aug. 5 PITTSBURGH 8:00 PM ET

Fri Aug. 10 BUFFALO 8:00 PM ET

Sat Aug. 18 @ Cincinnati 7:30 PM ET

Thu Aug. 23 @ Kansas City 8:30 PM ET

Thu Aug. 30 MIAMI 8:00 PM ET

REGULAR SEASON
DATE OPPONENT TIME
/

Thu Sep. 6 @ Indianapolis 8:30 PM ET

Sun Sep. 16 @ Tampa Bay 1:00 PM ET

Mon Sep. 24 TENNESSEE 8:30 PM ET

Sun Sep. 30 BYE WEEK

Sun Oct. 7 CAROLINA 1:00 PM ET

Sun Oct. 14 @ Seattle 8:15 PM ET

Sun Oct. 21 ATLANTA 1:00 PM ET :angry:

Sun Oct. 28 @ San Francisco 4:15 PM ET

Sun Nov. 4 JACKSONVILLE 1:00 PM ET

Sun Nov. 11 ST. LOUIS 1:00 PM ET

Sun Nov. 18 @ Houston 1:00 PM ET

Sun Nov. 25 @ Carolina 1:00 PM ET

Sun Dec. 2 TAMPA BAY 1:00 PM ET

Mon Dec. 10 @ Atlanta 8:30 PM ET :angry:

Sun Dec. 16 ARIZONA 1:00 PM ET

Sun Dec. 23 PHILADELPHIA 1:00 PM ET

Sun Dec. 30 @ Chicago 1:00 PM ET

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
And I can tell ya'll we in the metro Jackson,MS area looove having them here.:clap: :clap: :clap: Last Aug. we had a preseason game at the stadium saints vs colts. So we got the best of the best right in my back yard.Of course Miss. loves Archie"s boys.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Thanks Kat! I cant wait....
What is with the :angry: by the fal-coons??? We gonna spank dem:D

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
And I can tell ya'll we in the metro Jackson,MS area looove having them here.:clap: :clap: :clap: Last Aug. we had a preseason game at the stadium saints vs colts. So we got the best of the best right in my back yard.Of course Miss. loves Archie"s boys.

I would be soooo excited....what am I saying I already am! :rotfl: Lucky Millsaps College....how FUNN would that be to have the Saints training at your college!!!!!:boxing: :clap: :clap: :clap:

YAT ALERT!
Back in the day when the Saints played at the Tulane football stadium, we braced ourselves on campus for Sundays when the yats (as in, "Where y'at, Mar-tha?") invaded campus. Pretty hilarious, yet annoying when you're hung over but trying to get your homework done for Monday classes.

Coincidentally, when I was a freshman at Tulane and really homesick (begging my parents to let me come home and go to Emory), the first game of the season was against the Coons, and I attended that game. I mean, we had Falcons season tickets since their first year in Atlanta, so it was part of my Sunday ritual after church. So, of course, I was for ATL. We actually lived on Falcon Drive before the neighborhood transitioned. Now Andrew Young lives in my former 'hood.

Last edited:

thoms

Beach Comber
Jul 15, 2007
Mississippi
i live in jackson! it was alot of fun having them here last year. cant wait for them to come again this year. hopefully, we can go all the way this year! wish they were playing another game like the one last year against the colts. that was awesome