• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
skier said:
Thanks Joe.

We were just down at the house, and every time we're there, we think twice about selling it. Then, we come home, the bills keep coming, hurricanes keep hitting the US and we leave it on the market hoping it will sell. I know that sounds very wishy, washy, but I'm sure you understand the pull of the emerald coast. If/when it sells, we will simply become renters again on a frequent basis.

Not being hostile here skier, but when you say "the bills keep coming" what does that mean? I do not know your situation, but why did you buy your property? For financial gain or enjoyment? I think you have answered many questions with this post...to me it does not sound like you are a serious seller, but maybe a reluctant owner? I am glad you had a nice time!!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Some of the comments in this thread have reminded me of a hilarious piece in the WaltonUndercurrent "A Small Place in the Sun-One Family's Journey from Riches to Rags". I am not insinuating that that this reminds me of anyone- if we packed up and moved tomorrow, it would be about MY family. Everyone thinking of relocating to FLA should read this first!

If you have time, read the following piece about how local "folk art" is produced by little children in folk art sweatshops. My husband is an artist and got a good chuckle out of it.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
While these last few threads have been fun, does anyone have any new info on "Re: Sales on 30A for July/Aug 2005"?

Red

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
redfisher said:
While these last few threads have been fun, does anyone have any new info on "Re: Sales on 30A for July/Aug 2005"?

Red

Since you asked Red, Just updated the # properties that went pending for a client from Sept 1st. Only a few days later and anything can happen towards end of month bu still looks like it should be up fom August if it continues. Subjectively, my contracts are up and website stats are from July and august so I'm hopeful. Also, on a different thread I posted the summary of Sales from U of F's recently released reports and the same thing happened in 2003 in Walton County.

2002 was up on #sales
2003 dropped significantly
2004 went way up
2005 - not done but will be a significant drop

30 Lots - # of lots that went pending
Jan - 93
Feb - 92
March - 93
April - 64
May - 50
June - 42
July - 24
August - 25
Sept - 1st 11 days - 16 ( if it stays the same this month, that would be 43 this month which is interesting)
Update: 1st 15 days - 18 lots (extrapolates to 36)

30 Homes - # of Homes that went pending

Jan - 40
Feb - 38
March- 53
April - 44
May - 33
June - 37
July - 18
August - 13
Sept - 1st 11 days - 6 (which means if it stays the same for the rest of the month, they'll be 16 going under contract in Sept - note first post erroneously had this as 30 - sorry was 2AM)
UPdate: Sept - 1st days - 9 (Extrapolates to 18)

Last edited:

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
How I wish I could now buy AND HOLD a good chunk of 30A property!!
It's truly undiscovered.
I've been encouraged by this thread today (as 30A property owner)
THANKS, I REALLY NEEDED THAT TODAY!!!

skier

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2005
Cork On the Ocean said:
Since you asked Red, Just updated the # properties that went pending for a client from Sept 1st. Only a few days later and anything can happen towards end of month bu still looks like it should be up fom August if it continues. Subjectively, my contracts are up and website stats are from July and august so I'm hopeful. Also, on a different thread I posted the summary of Sales from U of F's recently released reports and the same thing happened in 2003 in Walton County.

2002 was up on #sales
2003 dropped significantly
2004 went way up
2005 - not done but will be a significant drop

30 Lots - # of lots that went pending
Jan - 93
Feb - 92
March - 93
April - 64
May - 50
June - 42
July - 24
August - 25
Sept - 1st 11 days - 16 ( if it stays the same this month, that would be 43 this month which is interesting)
Update: 1st 15 days - 18 lots (extrapolates to 36)

30 Homes - # of Homes that went pending

Jan - 40
Feb - 38
March- 53
April - 44
May - 33
June - 37
July - 18
August - 13
Sept - 1st 11 days - 6 (which means if it stays the same for the rest of the month, they'll be 16 going under contract in Sept - note first post erroneously had this as 30 - sorry was 2AM)
UPdate: Sept - 1st days - 9 (Extrapolates to 18)

I heard today that a couple of houses went pending in Watercolor recently. One was in Phase III and the other was in Phase II. The list prices were pretty decent so maybe you are beginning to see a change in the recent trends.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
has anybody gotten the jul/aug walton county sales from Metro Market Trends yet...I thing SJ said he gets them from time to time...any new info on prop under contracts?...red

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
RiverOtter said:
Oh Boy .... Here we go

:popcorn:

I KNEW when I saw you were the last poster that POPCORN would be involved! Pass some here, please!