• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Mermaid and All:

That lovely sandcastle cakepan that Williams Sonoma sells (I think it's the same one) is on sale at Linens N Things for about $29 this week -- I paid about $45 plus shipping I think just a few weeks ago.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I saw it this morning...but I wasn't going to say anything!:sosad:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
It's the same price at Linens N' Things as W-S. Paula, it was the shipping costs that did you in!!! :sosad: However, there's a 20% off coupon, which is nice. I brought my pan to the beach and made two cakes; one for Jessifunn and T-Bone and the other for Sueshore and Mr. Kitty. They were hits!!! I recommend using the Baker's Joy flour-oil spray (found in the baking section at the grocers) for trouble free release. My cakes came out beautifully and were quite the conversation piece. Especially the dark chocolate one which looked like it was made of "illegal sand." :blink:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I'm tempted to get one to bring to the cottages since I have the coupon and would have no shipping costs. We'll see if I have time this week...

I love the pan though I haven't made anything in it yet.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Thanks, Paula, but Columbia does not have a linens & things....:eek: :pissed: BB&B is all we have...the sand castle sounds great!!

Mermaid...will you make me a cake some day??:love: sounds like you made a yummy!:clap_1:

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Paula said:
Don't worry, that cake mold really is worth the shipping costs. We love ours and have no regrets. May just have to get another though.
double castles!!!!:love: