• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
A road through Deer Lake State Park/Point Washington State Forest will not save time. Once St. Joe Arvida starts funneling the Watersound North people to 30A it will be gridlock in Seagrove Seacrest. Don't think for one minute Walton County cares about public safety , it's all about what the developers want. They want the road to increase the value of their property north of 98 in both Walton and Bay County.
Dont forget about "Margaritaville" (or whatever the name of it is) They are already pushing "30A" to that demographic even though it is nowhere near 30A.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
We are all dying. Don't allow When to keep us from doing the right thing.
That may sit well for you and I respect your opinion. I might be willing to accept that for me, I don't accept it for my wife, children or grandchildren.

Ty Webb

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2020
Miramar Beach
When minutes count, a road through the forest may be the difference between survival or death.

Here comes the fear mongering. And this will be the mantra to try and get a road cut through.

If it's so important for public safety, then let the developers pay for a fire station in the Seacrest area and also for a sheriff's office substation. Ha, the developers and their good ol boy lawyer buddies will never allow this.

Because a road through the state forest is not about "public safety".

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Here comes the fear mongering. And this will be the mantra to try and get a road cut through.

If it's so important for public safety, then let the developers pay for a fire station in the Seacrest area and also for a sheriff's office substation. Ha, the developers and their good ol boy lawyer buddies will never allow this.

Because a road through the state forest is not about "public safety".
As someone who has waded through traffic making my way to a medical emergency, mine is based on experience. Yours is based on?

Ty Webb

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2020
Miramar Beach
As someone who has waded through traffic making my way to a medical emergency, mine is based on experience. Yours is based on?

Mine? Mine what? Your opinion on whether a road should be cut through the state forest?

Close relatives that are paramedic, fire captain/batt chief, MD (ER/Internal Med), RNs, so I am aware of EMS topics. But this is entirely beside the point in regards to the county cutting a road through the state forest.

As it stands now, any east 30A calls will be responded to by Watercolor Station, correct? Is Walton County assuming that one day the Bay County West End station will start helping with calls in the ever increasing congestion and ever increasing density of east end 30A?

ARE there plans by the county to add a fire station to the Southeastern corner of the county? I have not seen any. Yet, a new school has been built, Watersound is growing, Inlet Beach is getting built out. There seems to be little attention or discussion about the needed fire station on east end of 30A and it's all about "we gotta cut a road through the state forest". Classic Walton County blindness to needed infrastructure.

The "road through the forest" discussion is all about, as stated by others, developers increasing value for the properties.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Isnt St. Joe planning on an urgent care on 98 at Watersound?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Mine? Mine what? Your opinion on whether a road should be cut through the state forest?

Close relatives that are paramedic, fire captain/batt chief, MD (ER/Internal Med), RNs, so I am aware of EMS topics. But this is entirely beside the point in regards to the county cutting a road through the state forest.

As it stands now, any east 30A calls will be responded to by Watercolor Station, correct? Is Walton County assuming that one day the Bay County West End station will start helping with calls in the ever increasing congestion and ever increasing density of east end 30A?

ARE there plans by the county to add a fire station to the Southeastern corner of the county? I have not seen any. Yet, a new school has been built, Watersound is growing, Inlet Beach is getting built out. There seems to be little attention or discussion about the needed fire station on east end of 30A and it's all about "we gotta cut a road through the state forest". Classic Walton County blindness to needed infrastructure.

The "road through the forest" discussion is all about, as stated by others, developers increasing value for the properties.
25 years providing fire and EMS services to the residents and guest of South Walton. Walton County won't be providing a fire station in south Walton as the residents south of the bay have their fire and EMS by an independent taxing district, South Walton Fire District. There is currently 5 fire stations operated by South Walton Fire District. Inlet Beach, Seagrove, 393, Mack Bayou, Miramar Beach.