• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I was just kidding- hurricanes, jellyfish, nasty weather, and lots of bugs are the reality of the off season.

Saturday traffic is just the way it is in the summer because it's the rental companies' and guests' preferred day to arrive/depart. We basically try to stay off 30A on Saturdays at checkout and check-in times. At other times I am just patient. Just like during rush hour in Atlanta, I turn up the sound on The Heat on Sirius and sing along to de-stress.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Nothing is worse than rainy afternoon Destin traffic.
like last Saturday...rain and a minor fender bender at Sandestin can make it all but impossible to get to Destin.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Hurricane evacuation will be a nightmare since our population has more than doubled since the last major evacuation I experienced October 1995 for Hurricane Opal. It was "off" season, on Hwy 331 that has changed very little and it took me 6 hours to get to Dothan. Very scary. Just imagine if there is an evacuation in June, July or August and 331 is our main route out of town. Even if it took two days before a storm hit, it WILL be a nightmare.