• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
About 11:00 this AM, the familiar white DC3 was flying east along the beach. Not spraying. That's the first time this year for me. I hope they aren't getting ready to start spraying again. I haven't seen a single mosquito this summer, not one.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Re: Saw the mosquito plane today

Update, they just made a westbound pass. Maybe it wasn't the mosquito plane? You can easily see the spray rig on the underside, and it wasn't present on this plane.

But how many white DC3s are there in the Panhandle, anyway?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The plane (if that was it) sprays for black flies (and unintentionally for other things it kills or poisons like PEOPLE) not skeeters. I've never noticed the rig underneath but I'm always looking for the nearest foxhole so I might have missed it.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Uh, brain fade. It's the mosquito TRUCK, isn't it. Which, thankfully, hasn't been around this year yet, either.

The spray rig is pretty clearly visible on the underside of the plane. Before I knew what they were doing, I stood on the upstairs porch and watched them go directly over my house, maybe 100 feet up at most. That close, it was really easy to see all the external plumbing.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I've seen the trucks a lot this summer. Once it was on 98 doing 55 or so and it made me wonder if mosquitoes were a real big problem for all the people living on 98 in the MIDDLE OF POINT WASHINGTON STATE FOREST. :roll: