• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
ResortQuest Seabreeze Jazz Festival presented by The Smooth Jazz Cruise

Tickets - Seabreeze Jazz Festival

We're back for 2011 with plans for one of the best year's ever! After a very challenging year for the entire Gulf Coast in 2010 with the BP Gulf Oil Spill, we want to personally invite each and everyone of you back to our sugar-white beaches for the UTLIMATE weekend in smooth jazz, anywhere! The beaches look great and the smooth jazz will be hot. So tell your friends, Pier Park in Panama City Beach is place to be! Show your support for the Gulf Coast -- be HERE in 2011!

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
I've been vending at this festival since they had it at Watercolor. Will be there again this year. Tower of Power last year is the best live proformance I've ever heard or seen in my life and I grew up in New Orleans going to Concerts.

polo

Beach Comber
Jul 15, 2008
Warning, Warning, Warning!!!!

It's not advertised but if you show up to one of the places advertised as selling tickets for this event... BUYER BEWARE!!!! You must show up with CASH!!! They do not accept credit cards or checks!

I drove down from DeFuniak Springs to Ft Walton to help my mom with some errands and thought I would pick up tickets at Playground Music for Sunday's (17 Apr 11) show for us and friends coming from Houston. Imagine my surprise when presented my credit card for $320 worth of tickets and was told, "This is a cash-only enterprise since we are only an agent for the the event." I mean, how many of us carry around over $300 in cash on a day-to-day basis?

The Playground Music folks told me to go take the money from an ATM outside their store. Having just come from my bank, I was not excited about paying through the nose for a debit with my ATM card but decided to try it anyway. Unfortunately, the FNBT ATM would not allow me to take the $320 from my account despite the fact that I have enough money in my bank to buy a few cars for cash.

When I appraised the Playground Music folks and told them I'd be talking to Mark Carter of WSBZ about this, they offered to call him to see if he would be willing to accept a check. He would not do so and told them I should call a certain number with my credit card number and should expect the tickets to be held for me at the venue entry gate.

I have not yet ordered the $320 worth of tickets and am now wondering if I should do so. If you are reading this forum, please be aware that you cannot buy tickets to the Seabreeze Jazz Festival from a local purveyor with a credit card or check. If you wish to buy them in advance from one of the advertised agents, grab a bundle of cash, protect it well, and hope you can get said tickets before you are rolled. Forewarned is forearmed!!!

'Nuff said.

Polo

polo

Beach Comber
Jul 15, 2008
Why not order online?

Polo why not call the number you were given? Or order here? Seabreeze Jazz Festival

Good question and easy answer.... because if you want to order online they charge a $5 per ticket fee... That would bring the tickets for Sunday to $85 each! I only paid $35 each for tickets to the Peter White Christmas concert (Peter White, Rick Braun, and Mindi Abair) last December. I'll probably call the number Mr Carter gave Playground Music yesterday and try to order tickets but if there is an additional charge for using a credit card, I may not be going to the event after all.

Last edited: