• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
SoWal.com is once again proud to sponsor the Seabreeze Jazz Festival, named as one of the "Top 10 Jazz Festivals in the USA" by JazzIZ Magazine. The Seabreeze Jazz Festival marks its second year moving east from SoWal Beaches to the new location by the gulf at Pier Park in Panama City Beach.

The combination of beautiful beaches, great shopping and dining at adjacent Pier Park, easy access to acccomodations, and a great lineup of the top names in contemporary jazz - make Panama City Beach the place to be!

seabreezejazzfestcrowdp.jpg

Thursday 4/15

Smooth Jazz Dinner Cruise 7-10pm - Featuring Brian Simpson and Marc Antoine
*boat boards at 6:30pm
Baytowne Marina at Sandestin Resort
9300 Emerald Coast Parkway

Friday 4/16

Seabreeze Jazz Festival Golf Tournament--8am Shotgun Start
Tournament Play, Lunch, Prizes, and Live Show
Holiday Golf Club, Panama City Beach
Featuring live performance by saxophonist Jeff Kashiwa
Tournament play, lunch, show, and prizes included

Meet and Greet and Sneak Peek Performance 3pm - Borders Books ? Pier Park
FREE ADMISSION - Featuring host Nick Colionne and stars of the Seabreeze Jazz Festival

Gates Open at 4pm PIER PARK AMPHITHEATER

6pm RomanStreet
7pm The Sax Pack
featuring Jeff Kashiwa, Kim Waters and Steve Cole
8:30pm Seabreeze All Star Jam -- starring Nick Colionne, Brian Simpson, Kim Waters, Jackiem Joyner, Oli Silk, Jeff Kashiwa, Marc Antione, Shilts, Steve Cole, Matt Marshak, Joey Sommerville, BK Jackson, and surprise special guests.

?A Special Tribute to Wayman Tisdale? will be featured.

11pm Seabreeze ?Chill Out? After Party ? Location: Reggae J?s at Pier Park Featuring Oli Silk, Shilts, Matt Marshak, and friends Sponsored by Smooth Lounge.com

Saturday 4/17 Gates Open at 9am PIER PARK AMPHITHEATER

10:00am BK Jackson (Seabreeze Rising Star)
11:15am Drew Davidsen
12:30pm Music In the Schools Presentation
1:15pm Ken Ford
3:30pm R & R ? Rick Braun and Richard Elliot
5:30pm Nick Colionne (Festival Host)
8pm Tower of Power

10:30pm Seabreeze Jazz Festival After Party featuring The Sax Pack (Jeff Kashiwa, Kim Waters, and Steve Cole) along with special guests
Location: Reggae J?s at Pier Park Sponsored by Smooth Jazz.com

Sunday Gates Open at 9am PIER PARK AMPHITHEATER

10:00am Jones and Company
11am The Seabreeze Groove Project featuring Alex Bugnon, Shilts, Gerald Veasley and Matt Marshak
1pm Steve Oliver
2:45pm Oli Silk, Jackiem Joyner, and Jessy J
4:30pm Euge Groove
7pm Fourplay (Bob James, Larry Carlton, Harvey Mason and Nathan East)

Tickets $130 Weekend Pass (Good for Fri-Sun)
$80 Single Day Ticket (good any single day)
(event is Rain or Shine with no refunds)
Order By Phone: 1-800-595-4849
Order Online at seabreezejazzfestival.net/tickets
For more Information: 1-850-267-3279

TICKETS AVAILABLE IN PERSON:
Borders Books -- Pier Park (Panama City Beach)
Kitchenique -- Highway 98 at City Market (Destin)
Playground Music Center -- Uptown Station (Ft. Walton Beach)

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
This is growing into such a huge event. I guess it would have outgrown Gulf Place anyway, but it certainly was Walton County's loss and Bay's gain.

Couldn't somebody with some vision (politician or private citizen) develop an outdoor music venue in Walton somewhere?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
This is growing into such a huge event. I guess it would have outgrown Gulf Place anyway, but it certainly was Walton County's loss and Bay's gain.

Couldn't somebody with some vision (politician or private citizen) develop an outdoor music venue in Walton somewhere?

I believe the BCC just voted to approve the feasibility study for an arts venue- indoor and outdoor.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

I suppose a large field somewhere would be a good start.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
really was a necessary change of venue for such a large jazz festival. Pier Park offers many restaurants, bars, shopping, parking, and everything else needed to support such a growing music event. and the location draws even larger attendance from PC residents and visitors who can better afford a stay at PCB. would love to go check it out.

Last edited:

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
I've vended at this festival since they started having vendors at Watercolor. The festival was held at 3 different South Walton locations, Watercolor, Gulfplace and Seascape. All were inadequate in the way of parking, bathroom facilities and organization, only Seascape had room for the event as it grew larger each year. From what I gathered Walton County officials, owners of the venues and nearby residents complained and made it difficult for the promoters of the event. It's not just about have a place in South Walton for large events it's about attitude about large events. From what I remember, and this is hearsay, is that the last time it was at Gulfplace the day before the event Walton County officials decided to question the permits for the event at the urging of nearby residents. So when the promoters said give us the forms to fill out Walton County didn't have the forms available.

South Walton did not welcome the Smooth Jazz fans, BTW these folks are good spenders and travel from all over the country. I'll be vending at the Smooth Jazz Festival once again this year in Bay County paying sales tax in Bay County.

So who wants a giant outdoor music venue next to their neighborhood?

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I've vended at this festival since they started having vendors at Watercolor. The festival was held at 3 different South Walton locations, Watercolor, Gulfplace and Seascape. All were inadequate in the way of parking, bathroom facilities and organization, only Seascape had room for the event as it grew larger each year. From what I gathered Walton County officials, owners of the venues and nearby residents complained and made it difficult for the promoters of the event. It's not just about have a place in South Walton for large events it's about attitude about large events. From what I remember, and this is hearsay, is that the last time it was at Gulfplace the day before the event Walton County officials decided to question the permits for the event at the urging of nearby residents. So when the promoters said give us the forms to fill out Walton County didn't have the forms available.

South Walton did not welcome the Smooth Jazz fans, BTW these folks are good spenders and travel from all over the country. I'll be vending at the Smooth Jazz Festival once again this year in Bay County paying sales tax in Bay County.

So who wants a giant outdoor music venue next to their neighborhood?

Me, so long as the hours are reasonable (ie grounds shut down around nightfall). As you know, plenty of people aim at living around the NOLA fairgrounds so they can be near jazzfest. The last year Seabreeze was at Gulfplace I went and it was first class. Unfortunately, there are quite a few vocal (and politically connected) NIMBYs in and around Gulfplace, and I suspect racism played a role, too.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Me, so long as the hours are reasonable (ie grounds shut down around nightfall). As you know, plenty of people aim at living around the NOLA fairgrounds so they can be near jazzfest. The last year Seabreeze was at Gulfplace I went and it was first class. Unfortunately, there are quite a few vocal (and politically connected) NIMBYs in and around Gulfplace, and I suspect racism played a role, too.

I agree and I think it is really too bad that we lost this wonderful concert. I went last year at Pier Park and it was great! I plan to go again this year too.

It was also great the last year at Gulf Place and I could not believe we let it get away...if I lived near a place that had a country music festival I probably would not go, because I don't really enjoy country music; but, I would not want the concert to leave the county ! I would simply go somewhere else the one time during the year when the country music was playing--and be glad that our area offered something for everyone. Some folks don't appreciate the concept of community, I guess.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
well, I do think most of us in SoWal do appreciate community and especially the kind of uniqueness our community offers. I am grateful that we do have many wonderful local, quality events (though sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of events all year long - with more each year - though they are mostly small in comparison to a jazz festival)! I really don't feel that the County let the jazz festival get away for no good reason. This festival needs a venue that can support it and we were just not it, for many reasons, including having the outdoor entertainment center complete with facilities, parking and affordability all the way around for thousands of jazz lovers flocking to town. I believe Panama City Beach is much more appropriate for such a huge event. Nola has a lot of music and other entertainment that we travel over to enjoy - including Jazz Fest many moons ago. I don't know - I like traveling to Nola for those things - Nola is the home of jazz and the center of funk. Its what we love about that place. I can't see SoWal really having a venue for anything like it - not for a long long time. But, I get the point that we let a really good festival get away. I guess I am just happy we have the festival very near and can still attend. The venue should be much more accommodating at Pier Park - it should be a blast and you can get a pretty darn good meal for a reasonable price at a thousand places nearby. (and even take the kids for a round of goofy golf and go cart riding, or enjoy Miracle Strip right there at Pier Park!).

Our community should benefit from the Jazz Festival at Pier Park by having at least a portion of attendees stay here, dine and shop along 30A.

I have a feeling we'll be growing faster than we think (don't forget we're in the big time now with walmart and all) and someday we will have the venue, accommodations and support for more and bigger events.

speaking of festivals, I am glad we have Arts Quest back in the hood on 30A. Hopefully we can keep that one and keep it growing.

Last edited: