• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

falarcon

Beach Comber
Jan 13, 2005
new jersey
Hello, First time Poster,

I'm interested in knowing if anyone knows of or has stayed at the homes in Seacrest Beach with the 12000 ft swimming pool and what they can tell me about the resort and the area. This will be our first time in the Panhandle (having spent the last 16 years vacationing on Sanibel/Captiva) and any information would be appreciated.

We have 2 condos in Seacrest but across the street from Housing development. Great location with lots of stuff to do. Only problem you may have is getting to the beach. It a loooooooonnnnng walk even if you catch the shuttle it's still an long walk. But once ya get there you'll love it. The pool is awesome!! Kids will love it. Great place to ride bikes and Rosemary Beach right next door has good places to snack and eat.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
RiverOtter said:
We have 2 condos in Seacrest but across the street from Housing development. Great location with lots of stuff to do. Only problem you may have is getting to the beach. It a loooooooonnnnng walk even if you catch the shuttle it's still an long walk. But once ya get there you'll love it. The pool is awesome!! Kids will love it. Great place to ride bikes and Rosemary Beach right next door has good places to snack and eat.

How long is it?

If you mean the walk? Catch the Limo Golf Cart (which takes you across 30A) to the beach access. They drive you through a small, but very nice 8) neighborhood and drop you off at the access. Then probably a 100 yard walk to the steps. The complaint I have heard from others is when the shuttle isn't running. Not sure when that is.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
From the back (north) side of Seacrest to the Gulf is just over 1/4 mile. The shuttle (extended golf cart) does run during the season, and it will drop you off at the condos at Sunset Beach, located on the south side of 30-A across the street from Seacrest. The walk is not too far, if you are not carrying beach stuff. However, with sand in your wet shorts, the walk back will take forever and could be painful.
The houses in Seacrest mostly look similiar from the outside, while the insides vary a bit in regards to the finishings and furnishings. For rentals, they are definitely nice. Many families are in the hood in season, and they enjoy the huge pool which is located near the center of the complex. As for shopping and restaurants, check out Rosemary Beach, located next door, as someone else suggested. If you will be here for a while, be sure to eat at the Noodle Shop on Hwy 98 at that end of "town". It is very casual Italian, with good food and service, and kids are more than welcome.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Hi First Timer

This is my first post as well. We own a house in the SeaCrest development. The shuttle runs during Spring Break, begins full time during Memorial Day weekend thru Labor Day weekend.

The homeowners have just taken the HOA from the developer since buildout is now at 80+% complete. We have just recenlty added a second "shuttle" that will hold 8. We are not to far back in the development (on the pool) so our walk is about 5 minutes. Shuttle is nice if you are carrying chairs etc.

We stay rented all the time and none of our guest seem to mind the walk/ride to the beach. Most are grateful for the option to have a ride. Rosemary is definetly nice. Pricey and if youare on the north side of 30-a you still have the same distance to the beach. Either place you decide on , you'll be glad you did! It is the best place in the world!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Seacrest Beach Area

The pool at Seacrest Beach sure is beautiful and enticing. If you want ot explore the Seacrest Beach area, also check out the Cottages at Camp Creek in Seacrest Beach, a new community about 1 mile east of the complex you are asking about. It is a smaller community with only about 35 cottages, most one story so you get a great view of the stars at night without buildings blocking the view. There is a large pool/hot tub, though nothing on 30A is as big as the one at Seacrest. The community is right across the street from the beach, so there is absolutely no need for a shuttle and guests can easily bring things back and forth (and make quick trips back to the cottage for bathroom visits and the like - less than a 5 minute walk). The cottages are charming key west style, pastel colored, tin roofs, with large porches. The Cottages at Camp Creek are required to keep a large percentage of the landscaping native, so that's a bonus. We have two cottages that we rent out there and you can see them at http://www.vrbo.com/25160 and http://www.vrbo.com/33828. Let me know if you have any questions about the Seacrest Beach area.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
falarcon said:
Hello, First time Poster,

I'm interested in knowing if anyone knows of or has stayed at the homes in Seacrest Beach with the 12000 ft swimming pool and what they can tell me about the resort and the area. This will be our first time in the Panhandle (having spent the last 16 years vacationing on Sanibel/Captiva) and any information would be appreciated.

Check under the Seacrest heading for some rentals and photos
http://emeraldcoastbeachrentals.com/rentals.html

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
If you want ot explore the Seacrest Beach area, also check out the Cottages at Camp Creek in Seacrest Beach, a new community about 1 mile east of the complex you are asking about.

I think your compass is off about 180 degrees. Hwy 98 is about 1 mile east of Seacrest. The Cottages at Camp Creek are about 1 mile West of Seacrest, are they not?