• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
...in addition to 15K to "fix it"--how much do you reckon the continuing maintenance and operating cost for that feature would be for 6 months?

I have no idea, but for the local businesses and kids sake I hope they pony up.... :dunno:

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I agree with Douglas -- they really were a great draw! Unique in the area . . . a playground just wouldn't do it! However, without much business going on around it, it doens't much matter. hopefully the area will fill out and the fountains will get going again!

Maystrong

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2009
Seacrest
OK, as a new business owner in the Villages, we are so hoping something will get worked out with the fountains. Indeed they do make a huge difference in the traffic in the area! Unfortunatley no one seems to want to take "ownership" of the area so I don't know if or when anything will ever get done! That makes us sad and frustrated!

Surfrider28

Beach Comber
Sep 1, 2008
Well the pumps have been sitting in 6 inches of water for a week or so. The power has been cut off for sometime now,so the sump pump cant' work in the conrtrol room. The control room is below ground.

Surfrider28

Beach Comber
Sep 1, 2008
Maybe we should start non profit foundation to save the fountians
p1_flyer.jpg

Surfrider28

Beach Comber
Sep 1, 2008
Looks like they were working on the fountains today. It's almost been a year since the fountains stop working.