• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

b-man

Beach Comber
Jun 29, 2005
Katy, TX (west of Houston)
We will be in Grayton next week. What has the availablity of blue crabs been lately? We usualy hit up Goatfeathers at least one day during our week, but are open to suggestions if one of the other seafood markets has better prices.

b-man

Beach Comber
Jun 29, 2005
Katy, TX (west of Houston)
Kurt - Thanks for both of your replies. This will be our sixth summer to visit Grayton and our second 4th of July. When my youngest says she wants to visit Grandma's house, she is really talking about Grayton.

JTJENX

Beach Crab
Why cook - BLUE CRABS? Go over to Nick's over the 331 bridge toward Niceville on Hwy 20 -- they have already cooked and cleaned them and served them up just fine... You get about 6-8 per person for each order and it is reasonable and plenty to eat. :clap_1:

They were great. Dress is shorts and very casual.

We went last Friday night with another couple and it was great. You just have to work a little and it takes about 2 hours to eat them all but you get to enjoy your company during that time.

Go to Nick's over the 331 bridge.... Don't cook them... to much trouble and then you have to clean them too... Nick's does it all. An if some in your party does not want crabs, they serve all kinds of seafood. Enjoy.

JENX :clap_1:

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
JTJENX said:
Why cook - BLUE CRABS? Go over to Nick's over the 331 bridge toward Niceville on Hwy 20 -- they have already cooked and cleaned them and served them up just fine... You get about 6-8 per person for each order and it is reasonable and plenty to eat. :clap_1:

They were great. Dress is shorts and very casual.

We went last Friday night with another couple and it was great. You just have to work a little and it takes about 2 hours to eat them all but you get to enjoy your company during that time.

Go to Nick's over the 331 bridge.... Don't cook them... to much trouble and then you have to clean them too... Nick's does it all. An if some in your party does not want crabs, they serve all kinds of seafood. Enjoy.

JENX :clap_1:

SHHHHH!! Stay away, stay south of the bay. There is nothing to see up this way. Nothing at all.....

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
kurt said:
You're welcome. Call Goatfeathers in the PM and they'll have them the next AM.

$2/dozen - 850-267-2627

Is that all they're bringing now? I have been trapping more this spring/summer than in the past, but didn't realize the market price was that low. Just had a crab boil this past Saturday, I love living here!

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Sandestin & Red Stick
Anybody know of a market that sells fresh mussels? There's a recipe in the 7/23 Sunfor pan roasted mussels with garlic linguine that I'd like to try. :D

The market on 98 three miles east of Sandestin - Shrimper's is the name I think - has frozen mussels, but I really don't want to use them.

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
They had fresh mussels last week - I bet they could order them for you if they don't have any the day you're in. Shrimpers has become my favorite fish market here - nice family owned and run business. Good selection and service.

Hmm - I'm getting hungry - how about some shrimp for lunch and flounder for dinner?

:D