1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Seafood Markets

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by b-man, Jun 29, 2005.

1. b-man

b-man Beach Comber

We will be in Grayton next week. What has the availablity of blue crabs been lately? We usualy hit up Goatfeathers at least one day during our week, but are open to suggestions if one of the other seafood markets has better prices.

2. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

:welcome:

I been wondering about crabs myself. Yumm.

3. b-man

b-man Beach Comber

Kurt - Thanks for both of your replies. This will be our sixth summer to visit Grayton and our second 4th of July. When my youngest says she wants to visit Grandma's house, she is really talking about Grayton.

4. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

You're welcome. Call Goatfeathers in the PM and they'll have them the next AM.

$2/dozen - 850-267-2627

5. JTJENX

JTJENX Beach Crab

Why cook - BLUE CRABS? Go over to Nick's over the 331 bridge toward Niceville on Hwy 20 -- they have already cooked and cleaned them and served them up just fine... You get about 6-8 per person for each order and it is reasonable and plenty to eat. :clap_1:

They were great. Dress is shorts and very casual.

We went last Friday night with another couple and it was great. You just have to work a little and it takes about 2 hours to eat them all but you get to enjoy your company during that time.

Go to Nick's over the 331 bridge.... Don't cook them... to much trouble and then you have to clean them too... Nick's does it all. An if some in your party does not want crabs, they serve all kinds of seafood. Enjoy.

JENX :clap_1:

6. chrisv

chrisv Beach Fanatic

SHHHHH!! Stay away, stay south of the bay. There is nothing to see up this way. Nothing at all.....

7. chrisv

chrisv Beach Fanatic

Is that all they're bringing now? I have been trapping more this spring/summer than in the past, but didn't realize the market price was that low. Just had a crab boil this past Saturday, I love living here!

8. drsvelte

drsvelte Beach Fanatic

Anybody know of a market that sells fresh mussels? There's a recipe in the 7/23 Sunfor pan roasted mussels with garlic linguine that I'd like to try. :D

The market on 98 three miles east of Sandestin - Shrimper's is the name I think - has frozen mussels, but I really don't want to use them.

9. sunshine

sunshine Beach Lover

They had fresh mussels last week - I bet they could order them for you if they don't have any the day you're in. Shrimpers has become my favorite fish market here - nice family owned and run business. Good selection and service.

Hmm - I'm getting hungry - how about some shrimp for lunch and flounder for dinner?

:D

10. drsvelte

drsvelte Beach Fanatic

Thanks! I like Shrimper's as well. We've had good shrimp from them a number of times.

11. drsvelte

drsvelte Beach Fanatic

We stopped at Shrimper's today and cleaned out their mussels. They get new shipments from Canada every other day or so.

12. DBOldford

DBOldford Beach Fanatic

We like Goatfeathers Market in Seaside, also the fish market at Carousel Meat Market in Panama City. Does the old Ice House in Freeport still sell oysters by the burlap ruck sack? The last few times we've been done there, it has been closed and I fear it is curtains for that place. Those were the greatest oysters!

13. DBOldford

DBOldford Beach Fanatic

Whoops!...Goatfeathers Market in Seagrove!

14. SlowMovin

SlowMovin Beach Fanatic

Anyone familiar with King's over by Eastern Lake? What's the skinny on that place?

15. gsigman

gsigman Beach Comber

Asain fellow runs it---I think from Vietnam--Very nice--seafood a little cheaper than Goatfeathers & not as crowded--worth checking out IMO-always helpful & honest about the fish he has available & freshness --I like it cuz I can get in & out quicker