• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BASSCYN

Beach Comber
Apr 30, 2011
ATLANTA
Hello all!
Headed down soon with the family and some friends. We have been coming to Seagrove for years and just love it! This is my first year on SOWAL forums so I thought I would a little bird doggin for some seafood and get the "local" perspective.

Im hoping the wife and I can break away from the kids one night and head out with another couple and you know...eat with silverware and maybe cloth napkins. A higher end experience.
A bonus would be any recomendation that is situated with a gulf view :clap: Yeah!

Oddly enough, when I do internet searchs for "TOP RATED" seafood in the area, A place called Stinkys Fish Camp" keeps coming up. Guess I will have to try it too. Looks like a place the kids might enjoy.

Any guidance most appreciated!

Thanks!
Chris

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Avoid raw oysters - the FDA issued a warning today to not eat raw gulf oysters as they are causing a cholera outbreak.

Stinky's, Smiling Fish, Nick's, and Caliza are all great places to get Seafood.

BASSCYN

Beach Comber
Apr 30, 2011
ATLANTA
Not a big fan of raw oysters anyway...but thanks for the heads up scooter.

Thanks also for the recomendations. I will check'em out

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I loved Nick's. Caliza....top notch.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
We love Nick's, very friendly atmosphere, lots of free parking and a great menu and service is always top notch.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I still contend the best piece of fried fish to be found in SOWAL is at the Pizza Bar in Seaside, of all places. It is the fried grouper appetizer.

Nicks is good for fried stuff and boiled crabs. The grilled fare is, well, not what you go to Nicks for.

Elmo's is great for kids and eating massive portions of crab legs you saw three seasons ago on The Deadliest Catch.

Stinky's is great, but it is such a mob scene at dinner we avoid it. Lunch is a much more pleasant experience and the young ones will be OK there at that time, too.

Some people like to go to Bayou Bill's on HWY 98 in Sant Rosa Beach. The boiled crabs ore pretty good and this is another place the kids will be welcome.

Good fish tacos are found at Smiling Fish Cafe.

For white cloth seafood you might try Bud and Alley's.

Another good spot for higher end seafood is Fish Out of Water in Watercolor.

I suggest not taking the offspring to the latter two.

For a destination trip, Captain Anderson's in Panama City is hard to beat. Very good seafood but it is a solid 35 minute minimum drive from most of SOWAL. With that said, it is worth the trip.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Oh, Skunky - you are right - Captain Anderson's is a great place to go for seafood. Go early and watch the fishing boats come in.

I just LOVE Nick's for fresh fried seafood, blue crab and fun, relaxed atmosphere.

Stinky's definitely a favorite these days so go early! Seafood baskets are way too small - go for sandwiches or entrees.

Families love Bayou Bills.

Summer Kitchen - I've had some of the best fresh seafood for dinner there in Rosemary Beach! Beautifully prepared.