• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
When we stopped in over Easter the folks now said they were moving to Watercolor Landings (Publix) in Aug. Those that love the current place pls excuse us, but a new location there would suit my family fine (more room inside) and I feel would do wonders for their business over the next two years with the building at NaturesWalk and W.C phase 4, and bike over from Phase 2. I do not know but would be suprised if they ever re-opend at current location (land is just too valuable). We do LOVE the hush puppies)

Amp22

Beach Fanatic
Jan 11, 2005
Buckhead Rick said:
When we stopped in over Easter the folks now said they were moving to Watercolor Landings (Publix) in Aug. Those that love the current place pls excuse us, but a new location there would suit my family fine (more room inside) and I feel would do wonders for their business over the next two years with the building at NaturesWalk and W.C phase 4, and bike over from Phase 2. I do not know but would be suprised if they ever re-opend at current location (land is just too valuable). We do LOVE the hush puppies)

I thought the same thing. It depends on what size unit they get at WaterColor Crossings as to whether they have more room. I think there is a single between the liquor store and UPS store, and one on the other side of the UPS store (maybe 2?). The singles are pretty small so they would need 2. Most of their business comes from construction crews but I see no reason why they can't keep it at the new location.

RunningMomof3

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Zionsville, IN
Buckhead Rick said:

Is this happening? If so, when? We LOVE this place!

Thanks!
Laura

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
They are moving, supposedly temporarily until the development is completed at the existing site. I believe they are moving into two units sometime this month.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Amp22 said:
Most of their business comes from construction crews but I see no reason why they can't keep it at the new location.

In season, hardly any of their business is construction folks. Even out of season, still less than half. Too expensive.

The construction folks USED TO eat at the Wheelhouse. I overheard the manager at Publix say recently that the Wheelhouse fire was the best thing that ever happened to their noon-hour deli counter business.

jessifunn

superJfunn
Jul 7, 2005
Seagrove Beach
TreeFrog said:
In season, hardly any of their business is construction folks. Even out of season, still less than half. Too expensive.

The construction folks USED TO eat at the Wheelhouse. I overheard the manager at Publix say recently that the Wheelhouse fire was the best thing that ever happened to their noon-hour deli counter business.
i totally believe that. if you go around noon you can barely get around all the people at the deli counter.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
TreeFrog said:

I don't go in the market anymore at lunch, but I don't remember it being any more expensive than almost anywhere else. Your post also makes me wonder who's driving all the construction vehicles I see out front at lunch. Maybe they're getting cigs and beer?

There are 2 spots next to UPS but no construction is started - I will keep an eye out. There will be no move until they are nearly ready to demolish the old building.

FWIW - someone with a store at WC Crossing told me months ago that Publix would welcome a food tenant because they make very little profit at the deli.

If a restaurant does open at Hotel Viridian and it does happen to serve lunch, Grouper sandwiches will be $19.95 on a white tablecloth. But it still could be called "The Seagrove Market".

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
The only time I have ever been in SoWal is off season and there are all construction trucks in front, and when I have eaten there, mainly workers on lunch. :dunno: Their po boys are very reasonably priced for the area.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
kurt said:
I don't go in the market anymore at lunch, but I don't remember it being any more expensive than almost anywhere else. Your post also makes me wonder who's driving all the construction vehicles I see out front at lunch. Maybe they're getting cigs and beer?

No, it's not more expensive than anywhere else, just more expensive than the average framing carpenter wants to pay.

I usually eat lunch there once a week. In season, I'd guess 80% of the tables are vacationers, one or two tables of real construction workers. The remainder appear to be construction managers, developers, etc. which would account for some trucks out front. Maybe I'm not there when they are, who knows?

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
kurt said:
If a restaurant does open at Hotel Viridian and it does happen to serve lunch, Grouper sandwiches will be $19.95 on a white tablecloth. But it still could be called "The Seagrove Market".

I'm sincerely hoping this doesn't prove true. "Moving upmarket" usually hurts more people than it helps.