• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

PTYAYA

Beach Comber
Mar 27, 2009
I'm new to the site. Trying to find out what is going on at Seaside Chapel. Love going to the chapel when we are there for the winter.

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
Well from what I understand as long as you don't disturb the home owners you may visit.
Now with that being said, It is also to my understanding that today is the last meeting that the current congregation will be allowed to have at the Chapel.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Well from what I understand as long as you don't disturb the home owners you may visit.
Now with that being said, It is also to my understanding that today is the last meeting that the current congregation will be allowed to have at the Chapel.

:popcorn:

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
What's going on these days with Seaside? Heard another report that once the current reservations for weddings are done that they will not be doing weddings on the gazebos ( pavilions ) or other areas due to zoning issues with the county????? Does this mean no weddings at the chapel building also?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Hmmmm....

By the time I hit brunch the scuttlebutt was that the congregation was kicked out of the church because of nearby homeowner complaints about parking.

And the word I heard on weddings was that weddings of a certain size and already set were grandfathered in, but new weddings above a certain size were no longer allowed because of noise (and other) complaints.

Good gravy, just eat some prunes people!!! :bang:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
DD will be thrilled, once the transformation of Seaside is complete she'll have a fulltime job waiting for her up front at the admit office for Shady Acres.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
...and on the 7th day, God did this....:roll:.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Hmmmm....

By the time I hit brunch the scuttlebutt was that the congregation was kicked out of the church because of nearby homeowner complaints about parking.

And the word I heard on weddings was that weddings of a certain size and already set were grandfathered in, but new weddings above a certain size were no longer allowed because of noise (and other) complaints.

Good gravy, just eat some prunes people!!! :bang:

I am speechless but not that surprised!

MinnDodd

Beach Comber
May 16, 2006
I was at the service on sunday and there was no mention of parking issues. The gist I got from a very indirect message from Jeff Miller is that the board (and control) of the church itself is Seaside homeowners only. They ultimately have the say and control of church funds,

They had a resistance to the congregation request (who consists of mostly non-Seaside residents coming from all over) that they have some say to the use of 'offering' funds. It was my understanding that they board is to make the Chapel a for Seaside residents and their guests only 'amenity'. Not sure what this means. Perhaps pass cards and ving locks at the entrance ?

That is at leas what t I understood-- however many folks were speaking very indirectly in riddles. It was a very emotional and sad day. Perhaps the fact parishners left pennies strewn in the pews speaks to what the bottom line is.

Would love to hear more from those in the know for further clarity.

Where Jeff and David go. So do I.