• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com

sfm_banner.JPG

See article & photo gallery:
From a Little Veggie Stand Grew the Seaside Farmers Market

Market News
The market is a year round event, so please come out and visit us! We'll be in Seaside this Saturday even though the weather may be fickle. I'm humbled to announce that I've been entrusted with the weekly newsletter to keep you informed of what's happening with our little market. As the year progresses, I hope to bring more information about our vendors, local events and recipe ideas from the community, and relevant news about the local and sustainable food movement. We want to hear from you too! I can be contacted atchandra@moonlightmicrofarm.com

Coming up - Joe Arnold of Chanticleer Bakery is arranging for Seaside Farmers Market Super Bowl Platters to be available. We'll have more information next week as this shapes up. Until then, have a great week!

Sincerely,
signature.PNG

Chandra F. Hartman
Moonlight Micro-Farm

Featured Vendor

renee.jpg

Twin Oaks Farm
There are many reasons why our farmers market is special and unique. One reason is our location by the beach in beautiful Seaside, FL, but it's the vendors who are at the heart of the matter. Renee Savary is one of our vendors who brings a unique aspect to our market. You can find her on the far Southeast corner of the amphitheater, every Saturday selling a variety of organic wares. Originally from Switzerland, though coming from Miami, Renee has a deep passion for sharing real food with others. Her 94 acre farm is located in Bonifay and she is currently the only vendor to bring us
certified organic products
from her farm.

From Pensacola to Apalachicola, Renee's chickens are the only ones to be raised on pasture and without soy. Happy Chickens! All of Renee's other offerings are handcrafted. Preserves are made with local fruit, primarily from her own farm. Herb salts are made with the finest sea salt and herbs from her gardens, and the vinegars and chutneys are made with locally sourced and organic produce.

Don't be shy about asking Renee about how her food is produced or where it comes from. She enjoys sharing her knowledge of sustainable farming practices and the benefits of a lifestyle centered on whole foods. She can also guide you on how to best to prepare one of her chickens or how to serve the preserves. You pick.

Want to see the farm? Not so fast, Renee's is a working farm, so be prepared to work if you decide to drop by for a visit. One of the best times to visit Twin Oaks Farm is in the fall, during the Annual New Leaf Market Farm Tour. During this time, Twin Oaks Farm offers tours, small group workshops, and a scrumptious sampler lunch. So, plan on visiting this fall and in the meantime, come visit Renee at the market.

What you'll find at the Twin Oaks Farm Table: certified organic eggs, chickens (pre-order), chutney's, vinegars, preserves, herbed salt, fresh soup, basil pesto, and fresh herbs when available.
For more information visit:
www.twinoaksfarm.net

www.facebook.com/TwinOaksFarm
Twin%20oaks%201.jpg
eggs.jpg

eggplant.jpg
vinegar.jpg

photos courtesy of e.m. marcus | photography

Seaside Farmers Market Vendors

Adams Farm
Ali Baba
Amavida Coffee
Artesano Jewelry
Bayside Flour
Chanticleer Bakery
Cheesemaker St. Andrews
Clear Creek Farms
Cypress Cattle Company
Derryck's Pasteries
Dragonfly Fields
Hendersons Farm
Kinowas Cowboy Cookies
Made By Amy
Mitzi's
Moonlight Micro-Farm
Ocheesee Creamery
Pricelesss Health Organics
Raw & Juicy
Smiddies Viddles
Soap Pedaler
Sweet Henrietta's
The Cranky Yankee
Twin Oaks Farm
Veggies By Paul Johnson
Veronica's Health Crunch
Wild Willie Walton's Foraged Edibles

Seaside Farmers Newsletter comes out each week and includes vendors, foods & items, food news and recipes.

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
sfm_banner.JPG
transparent.gif
Market Vendors

Adams Farm
Ali Baba
Amavida Coffee
Artesano Jewelry
Bayside Flour
Chanticleer Bakery
Cheesemaker St. Andrews
Clear Creek Farms
Cypress Cattle Company
Derryck's Pasteries
Dragonfly Fields
Hendersons Farm
Kinowas Cowboy Cookies
Made By Amy
Mitzi's
Moonlight Micro-Farm
Ocheesee Creamery
Raw & Juicy
Smiddies Viddles
Soap Pedaler
Sweet Henrietta's
The Cranky Yankee
The Greenmans Garden
Twin Oaks Farm
Uncle Fool's Beef Jerky
Veggies By Paul Johnson
Veronica's Health Crunch

Subscribe to Our Newsletter!

Follow us on Facebook!

oranges.jpg

In This Newsletter
What's In Season

• [*=left]Spinach
    [*=left]Kale & Collards
    [*=left]Mustard & Turnips
    [*=left]Radishes
    [*=left]Carrots
    [*=left]Cauliflower
    [*=left]Swiss Chard
    [*=left]Onions & Leeks
    [*=left]Citrus & Avocados
    [*=left]Winter Squash
transparent.gif
Market News
Thanks to everyone who came out last weekend (and to those who were there in spirit) during the 30A Songwriters Festival. It was a gorgeous day! This Saturday we'll see temperatures in the high 60's - low 70's, but there is a slight chance of showers. Many vendors will be at the market with fresh food, though some may opt to stay home if the weather gets too unpredictable. Just put on your rain coat and some boots or flip flops and slosh on down to the amphitheater. Don't worry if you get a little wet.

The Seaside Farmers Market Super Bowl Platters are a go and Joe Arnold of Chanticleer Bakery will be taking orders this weekend and next. What a fun way to enjoy the game AND support your local farmers market!

We have added a couple more vendors to our list and a few more vendor website links. Be sure to check them out in the list above. I'm trying out a new format for the featured vendor, Q & A style.

We love feedback! Check out our facebook page, like us, and leave a nice comment. See you at the market!

Sincerely,
signature.PNG

Chandra F. Hartman
Moonlight Micro-Farm

Featured Vendor

bike_2.jpg

The Soap Pedaler

Have you seen the Soap Pedaler? If not, you need to get over to her table and see what all the fuss is about. Be sure to check out her rad ride, while you're at it. Celeste Cobena is the woman behind the best smelling soap on 30A and the only vendor to bring her wares to market by bike. Follow along with a little Q & A with Celeste.

How long have you been in business? 13 years

How long have you lived in the area and where are you from? Have lived here over 20 years. Moved from Lafayette, Louisiana, but was born and raised in New Orleans.

How far do you travel for the Seaside Farmers Market? 8.6 miles by bicycle. I have a Cargo bicycle that I carry my market set-up and wares on to the market. Extreme heat and rain sometimes force me to drive. Years ago I would deliver with a bike trailer, but upgraded to the cargo bike which can carry more and is more stable.

What products do you offer? Cold-process soap, lotions, creams, scrubs and other fabulous body products.

What makes your items special or unique? All are hand-made in small batches and formulated with as natural ingredients as we can find. When possible we use local ingredients. Our soap recipe has an extra 7% oil so it doesn’t leave your skin tight and dry. All of our soaps have shea butter. My fragrances and essential oils are all of the highest quality available.

Is there anything new on the horizon - new products, seasonal items, or specials? Most of my business is wholesale so you never know what I’ll have at the market. We love stirring up new and different products. We now have a line of soap, both solid and liquid, that are made with certified organic base oils and essential oils.

Is there anything else you would like people to know about your business? My business grew out of a Christmas gift project. I used to make hand-made chocolates for Christmas gifts, but about 13 years ago I realized I was taste testing too much and couldn’t get into my pants in January, so I made soap. Got addicted to soap making. The following Spring I wandered into the newly opened Barrett’s Store on 98 (no longer in business) and either Marie or Loraine said they were looking for artists to put stuff in the store. They let me put my surplus soap in and the business took off from there.

Name of business: The Soap Pedaler
E-mail: soappedaler@mchsi.com
Phone: [COLOR=#49535A !important] 850-267-2227 [/COLOR]

flor_soap.jpg
lipbalm.jpg

3_soaps.jpg

photos courtesy of e.m. marcus | photography

Seasonal Recipe

Florida Ambrosia

{ adapted from Cooks.com }

Check out this interesting historical tidbit about "Ambrosia".
Food of the Gods or Popular 20th Century Southern Dessert...you decide!
ambrosia.jpg

Ingredients:
3 Florida Ruby Red grapefruits (Moonlight Micro-Farm has local Ruby Reds for the next few weeks)
3 Florida oranges (Paul Johnson Veggies should have oranges)
3 tbsp. sugar (optional or sweetener of your choice)
1 c. fresh strawberries, sliced
1/4 c. flaked coconut

Prepare:
Peel and section grapefruit and 2 oranges. Slice remaining orange crosswise, 1/4 inch thick. Combine grapefruit, oranges, and strawberries; sprinkle with coconut.
Side note 1: The fruit is sweet enough, so I opt for no sugar.
Side note 2: Ditto on the coconut. I use unsweetened shredded coconut from For The Health Of It.
Side note 3: For a twist on Sunday Brunch, add 2 tablespoons of Campari, though Campari is bitter, so you may wind up drizzling everything with honey. Yum!!!

Food News

{commentary & opinions too!}
Food Labeling and What You Should Know - This is a link to an infograph about food labeling, GMO's, and some food ingredients. Informative, though probably the best advice to heed is to stay away from food with barcodes.

Toxic Strawberry Fields Forever?

Court to rule on controversial pesticide used on California’s berry crops.
On Thursday a California state judge will hear (possibly the only) testimony over the controversial fumigant methyl iodide.The pesticide, made by Japan-based Arysta LifeScience, was approved for use on California’s high-value strawberry crop in December 2010, but serious concerns over exposure to farmworkers, neighboring communities and groundwater contamination have dogged the chemical since it was introduced as an alternative to methyl bromide, which is supposedly being phased out under the Montreal Protocol. (Tom Philpott writes an excellent piece on the fumigant’s long history over at Mother Jones.)...

France Upholds Ban on Monsanto GM Maize
Jan 13 (Reuters) - The French government said on Friday it would uphold its ban on a strain of genetically modified maize developed by U.S. biotech firm Monsanto in 2012, even though France's highest court overturned the moratorium last year...

and now for something uplifting...
Farm Link Program: Young Farmers on the RiseThe Virginia Department of Agriculture is seeing an increase in young people interested in farming through the Farm Link Program. Joel Slezak and Erica Hellen started Free Union Grass Farm in Albemarle County last year. The couple are college graduates but decided to forego corporate America to raise cattle, chickens, ducks, and eggs to sell in nearby restaurants and farmer's markets. Despite working seven days a week they said being farm producers is a much better life style especially in this economy...

Local Events

2012 Escape to Create

January 12 - 29, 2012CELEBRATE A NEW SEASON OF LITERARY EVENTS, PERFORMANCES, CONCERTS, AND EXHIBITIONS!!!ESCAPE TO CREATE launches their 20th season with innovative programs, intimate salons, and a few surprises along the way.
For more information, visit: www.escape2create.org

Florida Chautauqua Assembly

January 26-29, 2012
A Journey Into the American Presidency with keynote speaker President Thomas Jefferson portrayed by Bill Barker of Colonial Williamsburg, VA.Mission: To preserve the history of the Florida Chautauqua from 1885 to present. To continue the efforts of the leaders of the original Florida Chautauqua by holding to the spirit of the Chautauqua movement in our modern assemblies.
For more information visit: www.florida-chautauqua-center.org

The Seaside Prize 2012: A Day with Scott Merrill

Saturday, January 28, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
For more information visit: The Seaside Institute

The Seaside Farmers Market is a producers market focused on food, produce, cooking demonstrations, specialty items, artisan cheeses and breads, novice and professional gardeners, seed exchanges, educational aspects of growing and preparing food, and the celebration of eating and sharing great ingredients. We look forward to developing these concepts and to your participation.

Have something to sell at the market? Call to reserve your place. [COLOR=#49535A !important] 850-687-3494 [/COLOR] or email Jen Kuntz at jlkuntz@mac.com

Sincerely,

Jenifer Kuntz
Raw and Juicy
[COLOR=#49535A !important] 850-231-0043 [/COLOR]
Seaside Farmers Market

Newsletter created by Chandra Hartman of Moonlight Micro-Farm
Have a seasonal recipe to share? A local event to announce?
A food related news story to be heard?
We'd like to hear from you! Please contact Chandra at chandra@moonlightmicrofarm.com

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Seaside Farmers Market Saturday January 28, 2012

Market News

The Seaside Farmers Market Super Bowl Platters
are available for purchase. Visit Joe Arnold of Chanticleer Bakery this Saturday at the market to pre-order your platter.

Kick off your spring planting
with a chance to win 5 packs of heirloom seeds and a copy of Ivette Soler's book,
The Edible Front Yard
.Visit
Left On Amelia
for the Gardening Giveaway!

I'm keeping it short this week, but be sure to check below to see what will be at the market. See you there!

Sincerely,
signature.PNG

Chandra F. Hartman
Moonlight Micro-Farm

At The Market

What you'll find at the market this weekend
(items may change due to seasonality and availability). Please let me know if I've overlooked a vendor.

Ali Baba - Mediterranean fare
Amavida Coffee - Fair Trade Coffee & Teas
Bayside Flour - Fresh ground flours from organic grains
Beach Biscotti - Locally made biscotti
Chanticleer Bakery - Handcrafted breads - Olive-Spelt and Whole Wheat Veggie
Cheesemaker - Handcrafted cheese (different varieties available)
Clear Creek Farms - Local varietals of honey
Derryck's Pastries - Gourmet pastries
Hendersons Farm - large selection of relishes and pickled pickles and okra
Kinowa's Cowboy Cookies - Local and organic chocolate chip cookies
Made By Amy - Locally made baked goods
Mitzi's - Locally made soup
Moonlight Micro-Farm - heirloom and organic seeds, and local ruby red grapefruits
Ocheesee Creamery - Grassfed butter, milk, and cream
Pecans - Local pecans
Priceless Health Organics - Hydroponic lettuce, arugula, sunny's, and salsa
Raw & Juicy - live mustard, raw onion bread, kale chips, collard chips, granola
Smiddies Viddles - Greens, kale, collards, spinach
Soap Pedaler - Handcrafted soaps and lotions
Sweet Henrietta's - Cupcakes, cakes, and cake pops
The Cranky Yankee - Starter veggie and herb plants - naturally grown
The Greenman's Garden - Sweet Potatoes, seasonal produce, ginger tea
Twin Oaks Farm - Organic eggs & chicken, preserves, confit, chutneys, compotes, herb salt, vinegar
Uncle Fool's Beef Jerky - Beef Jerky of course!
Veggies by Paul Johnson - avocados, onions, tomatoes, peppers, radishes, strawberries, eggplant, etc
Veronica's Health Crunch - Gluten-Free Granola
Wild Willie Walton's Foraged Edibles - Prickly pear cactus juice

Vendors joining us again very soon:
Adams Farm - will return during pear and persimmon season
Artesano Jewelry - will be back when they return from Peru - w/ new designs!
Cypress Cattle Company - Returning soon
Dragonfly Fields - Returning soon

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Seaside Farmers Market Saturday February 25 2012 9am-1pm

427492_336116393077761_187936161229119_1032031_1640110404_n.jpg

See the Seaside Farmers Market newsletter for market vendors, featured vendor Derryck's Pastries, what's in season, beautiful photos, recipes and more.l

I am so crazy about these beautiful posters I think I'll wallpaper my kitchen with them.

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Seaside Farmers Market Saturday March 10, 2012. 9am - 1pm

Market News
Hello!

Dragonfly Fields will be joining us this weekend at the market. They will have seasonal produce available including kale, beets, chard, collards, among other things. Renee with Twin Oaks is also back with a full set-up. Please enjoy the weekend and don't forget to come visit us and stock up on fresh goodies for the week.

Sincerely,
signature.1.jpg

Chandra F. Hartman
Moonlight Micro-Farm

Featured Vendor
Nikki & Jon of Artesano Jewels
Name of business: Artesano Jewels
nik.jpg

Facebook: www.facebook.com/artesanojewels
E-mail: artesanojewels@yahoo.com
Phone: 850-244-5922

How long have you been in business?
It has been a long progression but we have been making and designing jewelry going on 5 years.
We first started with trying to sell on the beach, in front of restaurants, on campuses, anything to get it out there! Then we began setting up at festivals and shows. When I found out about the Seaside Farmers Market I thought it would be a perfect fit for our style of jewelry and the message we are trying to convey. We first joined the market in the beginning of 2009, and have loved being a part of it ever since.

How long have you lived in the area and where are you from?
We have both lived in FWB our whole lives, Jon is 3rd generation here. We love the Gulf Coast, couldn't imagine living in a more beautiful, pristine place.

How far do you travel for the market?
We drive from FWB close to 40 miles.

What products do you offer?
We offer something different at the market, handmade, Eco-conscious jewelry. Jon and I have deep love and appreciation for nature and all of its beauty and we try to convey that in our pieces. We have a line of jewelry complete derived from an all natural nut, Tagua, also knows as the imitation ivory. We also have a beautiful collection of real butterfly wing jewelry.
nikki_John.jpg

What makes your items special or unique?
Utilizing everything from freshwater pearls, natural stones, nuts and seeds we offer a wide range of jewelry for all ages, men and women. The materials and our style are what real sets us apart. We enjoy it when people see our jewelry and say "Wow I have never seen something like that before" That's what we are going for in our designs. Also our prices are very reasonable, we want to get our pieces out there for everyone to be able to enjoy, we have things starting as low as $10 up to $150.

Is there anything new on the horizon? New products, seasonal items or specials?
Everyday is new opportunity for us to expand our line and ideas. We always have our eyes open to draw new inspiration. Right now i'm really into these amazing colorful stones, like big slices of agate, and blue laced agate beads. I have been making cuffs and wrap bracelets, the colors remind of the ocean and are perfect for summer.

nikkis_card.jpg

blue_stone_bracelet.jpg
photos courtesy of e.m.marcus | photography

Market Vendors

Adams Farm
Ali Baba
Amavida Coffee
Artesano Jewelry
Bayside Flour
Beach Biscotti
Chanticleer Bakery
Cheesemaker St. Andrews
Clear Creek Farms
Cypress Cattle Company
Derryck's Pasteries
Dragonfly Fields
Hendersons Farm
Kinowas Cowboy Cookies
Made By Amy
Mitzi's
Moonlight Micro-Farm
Ocheesee Creamery
Raw & Juicy
Smiddies Viddles
Soap Pedaler
Sweet Henrietta's
The Cranky Yankee's Garden
The Greenmans Garden
Twin Oaks Farm
Uncle Fool's Beef Jerky
Veggies By Paul Johnson
Veronica's Health Crunch
Whiskey Boot Burrito Co.

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Seaside Farmers Market Saturday March 17, 2012 9am-1pm

Hello!

What's new this week? For starters, tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. It just so happens our featured vendor, Joe and Suzanne Arnold of Chanticleer Bakery will have a St. Patrick's Day special: Guinness Beer Bread and an Irish Soda Bread. The Soda Bread is from a family recipe.

Gordon (the honey guy), of Clear Creek Farms, now has a website. Please check it out in the vendor list above.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, our vendors are quite a knowledgeable bunch. They like to stay current on their craft and share that information with you. Stay tuned throughout the year as they are bringing a host of informative workshops and tours to the community. Interested in attending a workshop by one of your favorite vendors? Let them know.

“May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.” - Irish Blessing

Cheers!
signature.1.jpg

Chandra F. Hartman
Moonlight Micro-Farm

At The Market this Week

What you'll find at the market this weekend (items may change due to seasonality and availability). Please let me know if I've overlooked a vendor.

Ali Baba - Mediterranean fare
Amavida Coffee - Fair Trade Coffee & Teas
Artesano Jewelry - Back from Peru with new designs!
Bayside Flour - Fresh ground flours from organic grains
Beach Biscotti - Locally made biscotti
Chanticleer Bakery - Handcrafted breads - Olive-Spelt and Whole Wheat Veggie
Cheesemaker - Handcrafted cheese (different varieties available)
Clear Creek Farms - Local varietals of honey
Cypress Cattle Company - Fresh greens, seasonal produce, and local beef
Derryck's Pastries - Gourmet pastries
Dragonfly Fields -
Henderson's Farm - large selection of relishes and pickled pickles and okra
Kinowa's Cowboy Cookies - Local and organic chocolate chip cookies
Made By Amy - Locally made baked goods
Mitzi's - Locally made soup
Moonlight Micro-Farm - heirloom and organic seeds, wildflower seed bombs
Ocheesee Creamery - Grassfed butter, milk, and cream
Pecans - Local pecans
Priceless Health Organics - Hydroponic lettuce, arugula, sunny's, and salsa
Raw & Juicy - live mustard, raw onion bread, kale chips, collard chips, granola
Smiddies Viddles - Greens, kale, collards, spinach
Soap Pedaler - Handcrafted soaps and lotions
Sweet Henrietta's - Cupcakes, cakes, and cake pops
The Cranky Yankee's Garden - Starter veggie and herb plants, jams and spices, fresh salad mix & greens - naturally grown
The Greenman's Garden - Sweet Potatoes, kale, rutabagas, seasonal produce, gypsy juice
Twin Oaks Farm - Organic eggs & chicken, preserves, confit, chutneys, compotes, herb salt, vinegar
Uncle Fool's Beef Jerky - Beef Jerky of course!
Veggies by Paul Johnson - avocados, onions, tomatoes, peppers, radishes, strawberries, eggplant, etc
Veronica's Health Crunch - Gluten-Free Health Crunch
Whiskey Burrito Co. - Yummy burritos made with local and organic ingredients
Wild Willie Walton's Foraged Edibles - Prickly pear cactus juice & Yaupon Holly Tea

Vendors joining us again very soon:
Adams Farm - will return during pear and persimmon season

See the Seaside Farmers Market Newsletter! The newsletter is beautifully created by Chandra Hartman. Check out the featured vendor, recipes and photography!

This week's featured vendor is Chanticleer Bakery.
breadtable.jpg

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
excerpt from this week's Seaside Farmers Market newsletter:

Featured Vendor

The Cranky Yankee's Garden

Name of business:
The Crankee Yankee's Garden
john1.jpg

E-mail:JDKrepairs@aol.com

How long have you been in business?
We started being a vender at the farmers market shortly after it began, selling vegetable and herb plants along with home grown veggies.

Where is your garden?
Our Garden is ten miles north of the market in Freeport Fl, where we have resided for a little over 10 years.

Where are you from?
Ellie and I (John) are both from Pittsburgh, PA. Though, I (The Cranky Yankee) had spent 36 years in Naples FL. I had made an extended visit to Pittsburgh to be a Grandfather and met the love of my life, ELLIE during the visit. When I decided to move back to FL, after a very long and cold winter, we decided on Destin area, which I was familiar with and had visited often. A piece of paradise still left in FL. I am semi retired and Ellie has worked at Sacred Heart for the last 10 years. Always wanting to be a farmer (50 years experience), I have Studied Bio Agriculture at Goddard College in Plainfield Vermont, along with Herbalism, Solar Energy, and Wind Power. In Naples, I worked as the general manager and horticulturist of a 15 acre foliage nursery. I have raised vegetables in VT, Texas, PA, and South FL, beginning at the age of 10. I have been a Master Gardner Volunteer of Walton county for 3 years.

ellie.jpg

How We Grow our Vegetables

All of our vegetables are grown here in Freeport Fl. We amend our soil with natural organic materials such as leaf mulch, compost, compost mushroom manure, hay, and peat. The fertilizer we use is an organic fertilizer, made from feather meal, pasteurized poultry manure, cocoa meal, bone meal, alfalfa meal, and greensand, to name a few. We do not use commercial pesticides, we do use natural products listed by ORMI. Founded in 1997, the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) provides organic certifiers, growers, manufacturers, and suppliers an independent review of products intended for use in certified organic production, handling, and processing. OMRI is a nonprofit organization. We grow everything from seed we select for our area, not everything can be grown in our sandy soil and tolerate the climate or pests, which include nematodes, fungal, and insects. With our selection, and farming practices we are able to bring wholesome, fresh, tasty, and chemical free produce to our customers.

About Our All Natural Fruit Butters

We make our All Natural Fruit Butters right here in Freeport, Florida. These products get their rich, delicious flavor from our old-fashioned process of slow cooking the ripe fruit in fruit juices, retaining the natural sugars and fiber of the fruit. We take care to make all of our Apple, Apple Cranberry, Apple Strawberry Butters just right. We also have Gourmet Herbs and Spices, like Hawaii Kai BLACK LAVA SALT, Himalayan Pink Salt, and our own blend of herbs and spices like The Bayou Blast.
How long have you lived in the area and where are you from?

spices2.jpg
spices3.jpg

spices1.jpg

basil.jpg

photos courtesy of e.m.marcus | photography

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Seaside Farmers Market Saturday April 6, 9am-1pm

Market News
Hello and Happy Easter!

Lots of fun activities are planned for the weekend and the Seaside Farmers Market will be in full swing. Dragonfly Fields will have locally grown, pesticide free strawberries, Twin Oaks Farm has lots of organic eggs, Cypress Cattle Company will be joining us with fresh crawfish, oysters, and bay shrimp. Check out Sweet Henrietta's below for fresh baked treats. All the other vendors will be serving up what they do best. Looking for last minute goodies to fill Easter baskets? Check out our vendors for unique and fresh finds. Seeds are a great small gift that keep giving back - *hint, hint*. See you there!

Sincerely!
signature.1.jpg

Chandra F. Hartman

Eco-Friendly Easter Eggs

It’s that time of year again…time for Spring dresses, bunny rabbits, and Easter egg hunts. Traditional dye can contain harmful toxins. So, this year, opt for an eco-friendly way to get in the Easter spirit. Here are three ways to go green with Easter eggs.
Dyeing Easter eggs safely can be done with items found right in your kitchen. With natural dyeing agents (red cabbage, turmeric, onion skins, beets, and coffee), water, and vinegar, you can create a different color for each egg in the carton.

Get the how-to, complete with recipes, methods and color glossary, at MarthaStewart.com.

See Seaside Farmers Market weekly newsletter for vendors, featured vendor story, beautiful food photos and more.

557357_10150638896060893_43516465892_9132266_1189728465_n.jpg

GREAT NEWS!
Beginning this summer, the Seaside Farmers Market will add a SECOND day from Memorial Day through Labor Day! You can join your favorite mar
ket vendors on Tuesdays as well as Saturdays from 8AM-12PM in the Seaside Amphitheater behind Raw and Juicy! Two days of great local produce, baked goods, dairy products and MORE.

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Wanted to share that Rosemary Beach will be home to the Seaside Farmer’s Market next Saturday, May 12.
Yes, you read that correctly. Why? It’s ArtsQuest in Seaside and they’re maxed for space and unable to accommodate both.

So, Rosemary Beach Merchants invited Jen (Raw & Juicy) and the rest of the gang (approx.. 20 – 25 vendors) to South Barrett Square from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.