• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Folks - the previous run of this standout show is is one of the most talked about shows in the Rep's history!

:D

The Seaside Repertory Theatre, Northwest Florida’s premier professional theatre company, announced that tickets are now on sale for the reprisal of the hit musical play, "Always…Patsy Cline," sponsored by Midtown Seagrove. It's been six years since Patsy has been featured on the Rep stage, and the show will kick off the theatre’s 10th anniversary season on March 18, running every Thursday, Friday and Saturday through April 10.

Written by Ted Swindley, "Always…Patsy Cline" is more than a tribute to the legendary country singer who died tragically in a 1963 plane crash at age 30. The show is based on a true story about Cline’s friendship with a fan from Houston named Louise Seger, who befriended the star in a Texas honky-tonk in 1961, and continued a correspondence with Cline until her death.

The musical play, complete with down home country humor, true emotion and even some audience participation, includes many of Patsy’s unforgettable hits such as Crazy, I Fall to Pieces, Sweet Dreams and Walking After Midnight … 27 songs in all. The show’s title was inspired by Cline’s letters to Seger, which were consistently signed, “Love ALWAYS… Patsy Cline.”

Under the direction of Rep interim Artistic Director Brook Stetler and the musical direction of Anne Marie Carroll, the cast will be comprised once again of Jennifer Steele Saunders as Patsy and Teance Blackburn as Louise. A live band will also share the stage, including Bill Garrett on guitar and Jim Garrett on bass and piano.

The theatre's 2010 season is sponsored by SoWal.com, Pizitz Home & Cottage, and Seaside Cottage Rental Agency, and the Rep is also supported by the Beaches of South Walton TDC.

"Always…Patsy Cline" will run Thursdays – Saturdays, March 18 – April 10, at 7:30pm in the Seaside Meeting Hall Theatre located on Quincy Circle in downtown Seaside, Florida. Tickets are $29, and $25 for members. There will be a pre-show 10th anniversary season celebration on Saturday, March 20 from 4:00pm – 7:00pm, featuring live music by Dread Clampitt, food, beer, wine and fun. This event is sponsored by Midtown Seagrove and D?j? Vu in Seaside. "Always…Patsy Cline" tickets and special event tickets can be purchased now at www.SeasideRep.org or by calling (850) 231-0733.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
patsy-cline-sm.jpg

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I did not get to see Jennifer and Teance in this show the first time around- I have heard so much about it and I am sure I will see it several times! Stay tuned for some special events/promotions for the show. And like other Rep shows, buy tickets early if you want your choice of nights.

If you are in town for spring break during the run, Thursday and Friday night shows work well with a Saturday- Saturday check-in/checkout.

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
I can't wait to see this. The last show I saw at the rep was The Toe Roaster - it was fantastic!!!

MommaMia

Beach Lover
Apr 15, 2009
I bought tickets early

I missed the show last time because it was sold out. I bought front row seats for us. I'm excited about the show.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Just heard that opening night is almost sold out. This show will be packed every night, so if you know you are going, you might want to jump on Seaside Repertory Theatre and buy your tickets pronto, while you still can.

The production appears to be progressing nicely. We often forget all of the hard work which goes into the making of one night's show. There is so much activity buzzing in the theatre right now, all prepping for the show. Lighting techs are hard at work, sound tech, rehearsals, stage design and building, costumes, etc. It's looking good!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
John was kind enough to sneak me in the back door yesterday during rehearsal. The music was great and Jennifer and Teance were lighting it up.

100312-seaside-rep-149.jpg

John's catbird seat

100312-seaside-rep-093.jpg

Music Director Anne Marie Carroll

100312-seaside-rep-095.jpg

Jennifer Steele Sanders (Patsy Cline) and Teance Blackburn (Louise Segar)

100312-seaside-rep-082.jpg

100312-seaside-rep-086.jpg

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
If your week has been busy and you have not made your plans for Always Patsy Cline, Patsy tickets AND Pookie's Patsy Party tickets will be available in Seaside this morning- Rep volunteers will be hanging out on the patio at Amavida, sipping coffee and pushing Patsy- come see us! :wave:

Opening night is next week!