Seaside Rep opens with "Love Always...Patsy Cline" 3/18 - 4/10, 2010

Discussion in 'Events and Activities' started by Kurt Lischka, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

Folks - the previous run of this standout show is is one of the most talked about shows in the Rep's history!

:D

The Seaside Repertory Theatre, Northwest Florida’s premier professional theatre company, announced that tickets are now on sale for the reprisal of the hit musical play, "Always…Patsy Cline," sponsored by Midtown Seagrove. It's been six years since Patsy has been featured on the Rep stage, and the show will kick off the theatre’s 10th anniversary season on March 18, running every Thursday, Friday and Saturday through April 10.

Written by Ted Swindley, "Always…Patsy Cline" is more than a tribute to the legendary country singer who died tragically in a 1963 plane crash at age 30. The show is based on a true story about Cline’s friendship with a fan from Houston named Louise Seger, who befriended the star in a Texas honky-tonk in 1961, and continued a correspondence with Cline until her death.

The musical play, complete with down home country humor, true emotion and even some audience participation, includes many of Patsy’s unforgettable hits such as Crazy, I Fall to Pieces, Sweet Dreams and Walking After Midnight … 27 songs in all. The show’s title was inspired by Cline’s letters to Seger, which were consistently signed, “Love ALWAYS… Patsy Cline.”

Under the direction of Rep interim Artistic Director Brook Stetler and the musical direction of Anne Marie Carroll, the cast will be comprised once again of Jennifer Steele Saunders as Patsy and Teance Blackburn as Louise. A live band will also share the stage, including Bill Garrett on guitar and Jim Garrett on bass and piano.

The theatre's 2010 season is sponsored by SoWal.com, Pizitz Home & Cottage, and Seaside Cottage Rental Agency, and the Rep is also supported by the Beaches of South Walton TDC.

"Always…Patsy Cline" will run Thursdays – Saturdays, March 18 – April 10, at 7:30pm in the Seaside Meeting Hall Theatre located on Quincy Circle in downtown Seaside, Florida. Tickets are $29, and $25 for members. There will be a pre-show 10th anniversary season celebration on Saturday, March 20 from 4:00pm – 7:00pm, featuring live music by Dread Clampitt, food, beer, wine and fun. This event is sponsored by Midtown Seagrove and D?j? Vu in Seaside. "Always…Patsy Cline" tickets and special event tickets can be purchased now at www.SeasideRep.org or by calling (850) 231-0733.

2. Kurt Lischka

3. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

I did not get to see Jennifer and Teance in this show the first time around- I have heard so much about it and I am sure I will see it several times! Stay tuned for some special events/promotions for the show. And like other Rep shows, buy tickets early if you want your choice of nights.

If you are in town for spring break during the run, Thursday and Friday night shows work well with a Saturday- Saturday check-in/checkout.

4. steele mama

steele mama Beach Fanatic

Bump. I'll be there Easter Weekend to see it.

5. Linda

Linda Beach Fanatic

I can't wait to see this. The last show I saw at the rep was The Toe Roaster - it was fantastic!!!

6. Kurt Lischka

7. MommaMia

MommaMia Beach Lover

I bought tickets early

I missed the show last time because it was sold out. I bought front row seats for us. I'm excited about the show.

8. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Just heard that opening night is almost sold out. This show will be packed every night, so if you know you are going, you might want to jump on Seaside Repertory Theatre and buy your tickets pronto, while you still can.

The production appears to be progressing nicely. We often forget all of the hard work which goes into the making of one night's show. There is so much activity buzzing in the theatre right now, all prepping for the show. Lighting techs are hard at work, sound tech, rehearsals, stage design and building, costumes, etc. It's looking good!

9. Kurt Lischka

John was kind enough to sneak me in the back door yesterday during rehearsal. The music was great and Jennifer and Teance were lighting it up.

[​IMG]
    John's catbird seat

[​IMG]
    Music Director Anne Marie Carroll

[​IMG]
    Jennifer Steele Sanders (Patsy Cline) and Teance Blackburn (Louise Segar)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

If your week has been busy and you have not made your plans for Always Patsy Cline, Patsy tickets AND Pookie's Patsy Party tickets will be available in Seaside this morning- Rep volunteers will be hanging out on the patio at Amavida, sipping coffee and pushing Patsy- come see us! :wave:

Opening night is next week!

11. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Patsy Cline Opening Night Pre-Show Dinner at Chan's Wine World in Watercolor Chan's Watercolor is offering a special pre-show menu before opening night of Always...Patsy Cline at the Seaside Rep! An area for theatre goers will be reserved, and you will want to arrive between 5 and 5:30 to get a first come first serve seat and have plenty of time to enjoy their delicious food and wine!

The prix fixe theatre menu is 3 courses: spinach salad with red wine gorgonzola vinaigrette, shaved red onion and polenta croutons, garlic shrimp scampi over angel hair pasta with steamed broccoli, espresso mocha flan with almond biscotti, and a nice glass of wine (TBA)- $25.00 per person!

Thanks Chan's! :clap:

Opening night (3/18) and Saturday night (3/20) are sold out- but there are 10 other nights to catch the show! Go to Seaside Repertory Theatre or call the box office at 231-0733.

12. Em

Em Beach Fanatic

No reports yet? I watched a good portion of the final dress rehearsal and was blown away. I felt like I was transported to an old bar in Texas and actually listening to Patsy Cline. Costumes and design are great, as is the cast and music.

13. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Here's your report Murray!

The show opened to a sold out house! Everyone was so excited and the place was humming- many members, friends, and a few new faces too (it will be like this every night). The set is really fun- looks like a honky tonk, and the band was a great addition as they participated in the show as well as played. Jennifer walked out as Patsy and started singing (just like Patsy), and that started a great night of one song after another, one great costume after another, scene after scene of fun- Teance was so hilarious as Louise, and the audience loved her. My hands hurt from clapping.

Well done director Brook Stetler and stage manager Anne Marie Carroll :clap:

I had know idea that I knew so many Patsy Cline songs! It was hard not to dance in my seat (but we wiggled a little).

Patsy is sold out this weekend, and after this weekend, tickets will go quickly for the remainder of the show dates. It is a great evening at the Rep!

14. Kurt Lischka

There may be a few tickets yet - such a special show. Congrats to everyone's hard work and funn times!

[​IMG]

15. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

oh, it was absolutely wonderful. every single second! I can't wait to listen to some Patsy Cline music and read more about her life. I've always loved her songs even though I have little appreciation for country music. her singing just transcends - and Jennifer mixes the perfect voice, style and simple elegance into a brilliant performance.

Bravo to Jennifer, Teance and all the musicians. the musicians were incredible. their advice to my little boy on how to learn to play good music? put down the video player and pick up a guitar, starting now. loved that.

Bravo to all the producers and stage builders and all the behind the scenes stuff. Tonight I realized that the intimacy of the little theater is so awesome. so much better than watching the Lion King from a zillion miles away in a huge auditorium. so so so much more alive and wonderful. so, if we ever get a big ass theater in this town, please keep the little one too.

Way to go Seaside REP!

16. joho

joho Beach Fanatic

"Absolutely captivating."............................

Bravo! :clap:

17. Allifunn

Allifunn FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com

All I can say is WOW :clap:
    I was BLOWN away last night! One of the most amazing shows EVER!!! The atmosphere was electric, the audience was wonderful and the show was unbelievable!!! Jennifer was outstanding :wub: and Teance was a hoot :clap: The Band was GREAT! If you have not seen it yet.......DO IT!!!!!!

18. Jennifer Steele

Jennifer Steele Beach Fanatic

This weekend is sold out - third in a row. BUT...there are still tickets left for next week AND a performance has been added on Wednesday, April 7. Get tickets at Seaside Repertory Theatre.

19. Seaside Rep Theatre

Seaside Rep Theatre Beach Lover

:clap: Thanks SoWal for your support! Get your tickets early folks, you do not want to miss this show! Tickets are still available for all FOUR shows next week, purchase online anytime at Seaside Repertory Theatre or call the box office at 850-231-0733 M-F 9AM-3PM.

20. Kurt Lischka

The 2nd time is better than the first.