• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jauree

Beach Crab
Jan 21, 2019
Nashville
Can you tell me when the seaweed is worse - June or July. We always come to Seagrove for 2 weeks in the summer. One year their was seaweed 13 of the 14 days. We enjoy the water being in it and looking at it but sometimes neither is
great if there is a lot of seaweed. I would love some help

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
What you are asking about is commonly known as June Grass. It is impossible to predict when, where, or how heavy from one year to the next, one month to the next, one week to the next, or even one day to the next. Some years it is hardly seen and some years it's thick for months.

A typical year it starts showing up in May and doesn't get heavy until July and August.

Sorry to be of little help.

Jauree

Beach Crab
Jan 21, 2019
Nashville
Can you tell me when the seaweed is worse - June or July. We always come to Seagrove for 2 weeks in the summer. One year their was seaweed 13 of the 14 days. We enjoy the water being in it and looking at it but sometimes neither is
great if there is a lot of seaweed. I would love some help
Thank you you did give me some help. I thought that the warmer the water, the heavier it might be