• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Texas Tech for the West and either Florida State or Clemson for the East.

Hell no to the first 2. And FSU knows better than to join the SEC, even if offered. Clemson would fit right in since they are a football school and have the heated rivalry with the cocks. But can we handle another orange team? :lol:

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Hell no to the first 2. And FSU knows better than to join the SEC, even if offered. Clemson would fit right in since they are a football school and have the heated rivalry with the cocks. But can we handle another orange team? :lol:

As I look into my crystal ball for this week, I see that the little schools in the little 12 will drop the lawsuit threat and aTm will come into the SEC. The SEC will also send offer out to Mizzou, WV and FSU this week....stay tuned.. Might also see some wild announcements with the little 12 and the Big East collapse due to multiple invitations to their members by other conferences....

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006

I also agree with Clemson as a good second since they have the tie-in with Auburn too. I can't see FSU and UF in the same conference. Mizzou would open up that state's recruits for plundering but I don't know how attractive that would be to the SEC. I am leaning toward Clemson.

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007
I would love for FSU to join the Conference.

They chickened out back in 90s or the ACC basketball deal was much better than the Conference's football deal.

Bowden wouldn't have close to Paterno if FSU played in the Conference.

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007
I also agree with Clemson as a good second since they have the tie-in with Auburn too. I can't see FSU and UF in the same conference. Mizzou would open up that state's recruits for plundering but I don't know how attractive that would be to the SEC. I am leaning toward Clemson.

Clemson tie in with Auburn...they've only played once in the last four decades.

Auburn and FSU recruit the same athletes, it's an easy drive for fans, and they had a heckuva rivalry during the Pat Dye years.

Of course Auburn knew Ole Bobby would beat 'em like a drum after they canned Terry but time heals all wounds and Auburn had a contractural option to buy out the game.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I would love for FSU to join the Conference.

They chickened out back in 90s or the ACC basketball deal was much better than the Conference's football deal.

Bowden wouldn't have close to Paterno if FSU played in the Conference.

True. Should the wins he got while coach of Howard be included? I guess when you step back you can say he was smart to stay away from the SEC and get some championships. People can call them chicken but given the state of ball in this day and age that's about the least of your worries.

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
Baylor has zero incentive to agree not to sue the SEC or A&M. They will lose so much money if the Big 12 collapses since they know they will not get into a "superconference". They only got into the Big 12 because the governor was an alumna.

Baylor may not be a great football program (which is where the money is), but overall, they are definitely one of the most competitive athletic programs in the Big 12. The money they bring in for Football is what allows them to be so successful in all the other sports.

It could also be that Texas is behind Baylor not agreeing to not sue. Texas does not want to go independent in their olympic sports, and they know they will have to restructure (read: lose money) their TV deal if they enter the Pac-12/16.

The SEC will have to drop their requirement that a team be free from potential lawsuits if this deal is going to go through. Baylor knows they that would be committing suicide by agreeing not to sue A&M. They are not going to do that.

Last edited by a moderator: