• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

greenroomsurfer

Beach Fanatic
Nov 24, 2006
Where Free Speech Is Allowed
From Black Hawk, Sauk

"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right."

View attachment 5398
barspec1.gif

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
All I can say is that Karma rules...Mother Nature will take care of those with private property signs on the beach.

jack S

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2007
A homeless person once said...
Access to anyone's bathroom shouldn't be limited to just the owner.

Are you advocating using our ocean as your toilet? Many of corporate beach have done so!

Clean water good for your soul

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
A good example of this would be the 6 homeowners on Montgomery Street who have erected "no tresspassing" signs between their homes on 20ft wide strips of public property deeded for beach access.
So logic follows your point above:
That because a very few may have improper signs (based on your observation - I don't know the facts there), that it's fair game to "play" with all private property owners?
You may make your point, but you lead the uneducated masses astray.

Once again you said,
"If asked to leave, I will be asking for a copy of their deed and current survey, showing the corner posts of their property." I MIGHT can understand your position on Montgomery street. But I think you should qualify such a brazen general statement. You owe that to your followers and more to yourself.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
So logic follows your point above:
That because a very few may have improper signs (based on your observation - I don't know the facts there), that it's fair game to "play" with all private property owners?
You may make your point, but you lead the uneducated masses astray.

Once again you said,
"If asked to leave, I will be asking for a copy of their deed and current survey, showing the corner posts of their property." I MIGHT can understand your position on Montgomery street. But I think you should qualify such a brazen general statement. You owe that to your followers and more to yourself.

Some of the deeds and original plats are about as clear as mud as to who owns what. Even lawyers will tell you that. On top of that, "private ownership" of Gulf Front properties which extend to the mean high water mark, is so random, a normal person standing on the beach with a parcel map marked with those properties, would still find it fairly difficult to determine which parcel is which. So, I say prove which is which.

Last edited:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Methinks you need to stick to seawall issues.
I like it here just fine, thanks!

Isn't this suppose to be an exchange of ideas instead of telling people what to stick to? or where to stick it (as some would have it?) ....

It is the lack of understanding of the issue that truly creates the friction and resulting actions you describe in your first post. Some understand but won't admit it...some don't have a clue.

It's hard not to like a surfer dude.

But being one doesn't grant one the right to trespass on anyone's private property. Their suggestion that everyone should break the law is disappointing. I know a lot is said here in jest, but this is a serious topic.

By the way, someone's comparing this topic to Rosa Parks is a true insult to the struggle for everyone's civil rights.