• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
So during the windy storm last week, the rain gutter in the back of our house that was never quite right managed to create some sort of gap in the soffit, leading to water getting into the ceiling in that area.

We're looking for recs for someone fully licensed and reasonably priced to fix the problem. It's a small project with the possibility of some other small to mid-sized projects (we're thinking new windows and exterior doors later this year) if this goes well.

Any suggestions are welcome! We're in Okaloosa County if that matters from a license/permits situation.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
General Contractors are licensed for the state, so Okaloosa county should not present a problem. You can call my husband and discuss the work. Ralph Gage 850-585-4616.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
General Contractors are licensed for the state, so Okaloosa county should not present a problem. You can call my husband and discuss the work. Ralph Gage 850-585-4616.

No, only CERTIFIED General Contractors are licensed by the state. REGISTERED General Contractors are licensed by the county and may only work in the county in which they are licensed (although it is possible to have multiple Registered licenses). There are also 3 categories of each--General, Building, and Residential. Building Contractors and Residential Contractors are limited in their scope of work as to what type of buildings they can work on.

Also, some counties and municipalities require an occupational license in addition to the contractor's license.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
No, only CERTIFIED General Contractors are licensed by the state. REGISTERED General Contractors are licensed by the county and may only work in the county in which they are licensed (although it is possible to have multiple Registered licenses). There are also 3 categories of each--General, Building, and Residential. Building Contractors and Residential Contractors are limited in their scope of work as to what type of buildings they can work on.

Also, some counties and municipalities require an occupational license in addition to the contractor's license.

You are right and that is what I meant to say. Rarely do I hear someone refer to themselves as a REGISTERED GC, normally a 'builder', etc. Sorry for the confusion. Ralph is a CGC.

Last edited:

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Contact the Okaloosa / Walton County Builders Association for recommendations as well.
Their website is www.biaow.org or you can call them at (850) 863-5107.

Good luck on your project.