• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Oh, Lordy. :eek: It must be mold month. Maybe we can get a permit for penicillin farms and at least get tax deductions. :bang:

I'm so glad you're getting a new bed and hopefully some form of recompense.

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
OHMYGOODNESS! :shock:

It's know wonder y'all have been sick! When I first bought my house in Birmingham it was about 8 years old. I bought it in September, by February of the following year my ENT had done a CT scan to figure out why I could not get rid of my sinus problems, after three rounds of antibiotics it still would not clear up. About that time I replaced the carpet and padding throughout my house (which when they pulled it up there was mold on the padding) with hardwood flooring, a couple of weeks later my sinus' were completely cleared up and I never had problems like that again. The flooring people told me that when your carpet is cleaned with water, even if it is done with those cleaners that suck the water out, you can get mold.

sleepytime

Beach Crab
Feb 6, 2010
more select comfort

Thanks for sharing. We are having other issues with our 13 year old set. I was getting the run-around from the head office and decided to see if others had issues.
Because of your post, I took ours apart today and found the beginning of mold on the air chambers. The foam is gray so it doesn't show but must be there too. This discovery answers some questions about sinus and breathing problems we are experiencing. We removed the bed from the house tonight.
No one offered to replace the airchambers or foam even though both were the problems I inquired about (air chamber losing air and foam disintegrating).
Has your problem been resolved yet? Care to share?

If you own a Select Comfort (Sleep Number Bed) purchased between 1987-2005 Please, Please read this.

I have owned a sleep number bed since 2004. I have never liked it for various reasons. I decided to sell it. I had someone come to my house yesterday to look at it. Something told me to unzip the pillow top and show him how the air chambers looked. When I unzipped the bed I was completely SHOCKED and freaked out by what I found. BLACK MOLD covering the air chambers and foam padding. My husband and I have been experiencing severe headaches, coughing, sinus congestion, breathing issues for the past several months. Well, now I know why.

There is currently a Class Action Lawsuit against Select Comfort. If you own one of these beds I encourage you first, to look at your bed, second contact the class action suit here:
http://www.selectcomfortclassaction.com/

Even if you do not have mold issues now, Select Comfort is supposed to replace all air chambers and foam for the beds purchashed prior to 2005.

Of course, they were also supposed to notify every purchaser of their beds about this mold issue that they knew about. They have since changed the material in their beds to anti-microbial material. Hence, they knew about the problems. I have never heard one word from them!!!!!!

To me, this is a serious issue and I am trying to get the word out to everyone I can. Attached are the pictures of my bed!!! I know it is gross but this is what I have lived with for almost 5 years and I had no clue.

I bought a new mattresses and they were delivered yesterday. For the first time in months I did not wake up with a headache this morning!!!!

I will keep you posted on the outcome of all of this. Please spread the word to anyone you know to check their mattresses!!!