• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
This excerpt is from an ad for Walton County I saw at the library ... sounds sweet! Apparently Illinois has more mosquitoes than SoWal - who knew!!?? This paradise allows children to go to school barefoot! I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that we couldn't afford shoes. :lol:

old-town-santa-rosa-advertisement.jpg

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I beg to differ about the insects and snakes, but many parts of this were spot on. Our well on my homestead in Point Washington was artesian until First American Farms bled everybody's well from Freeport on down dry in the 1960's. I grew up on sulphur water and either lime or iron or both.

And although you can no longer see it, 40 years ago you could walk the woods between my family's store (the building is now Haven House Thrift Store and what is now Helen McCall Park and see large craters/depressions in the ground. I was told that is where a large citrus operation was that fell victim to canker during the old Santa Rosa days.