• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Don't let the Miami Dade tourism deter you from reading this article. The one thing I got out of this was the possibility there were going to be some Tax Payer subsidies for Septic to Sewer. I know many folks are big on this. That said, this bill looks like it is giving more control to Local Governments on some uses of TDC monies. It also looks like Tourism in Miami is going to take a huge hit as all the money appears it may go back to all the local governments.

House’s tax cut package would cripple Miami-Dade’s tourism industry

South Walton Community Council

Community Organization
Jan 17, 2007
www.southwaltoncc.org
On the agenda for the BCC meeting today:

Request to approve and authorize the Chairman to sign the Florida Department of Environmental Protection Grant Agreement Number NS056 for the Coastal Dune Lake Septic to Sewer Conversion project

In November 2018, BCC authorized staff to apply for a Federal Clean Water Act Section 319(h) Grant for a septic to sewer project around the Coastal Dune Lakes.March 2019, Walton County received a letter from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection informing the County that the project had been selected for funding at State level.

It also indicated that Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) would also need to provide approval, which was expected by September 2020.August 2019, Walton County received a letter from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection informing the County that the project had been accepted for state funding through the State Water Quality Assistance grant funding program.

The attached agreement is the grant award for $253,766.00 to fund the septic to sewer conversion project.

PROJECT BACKGROUND: Walton County (Grantee) and the Florida Community Services Corp. of Walton County d/b/a Regional Utilities have identified 84 properties located within the Coastal Dune Lake Protection Zone that are not currently hooked up to central sewer.

The Coastal Dune Lake Protection Zone is the zone beginning at the mean or ordinary high water line of the coastal dune lakes and their tributaries.This identified zone has several protection measures regulated for the protection and conservation of there are and imperiled coastal dune lakes, including the prohibiting of new point or non-point sources of pollution to be discharged into the lakes, including but not limited to treated wastewater effluent or untreated stormwater runoff.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
I hope they also include septic tanks on the beach and their poop drain fields under kids are playing and digging in Gulf Trace, Inlet Beach, and more beaches in SoWal.

If I was an owner, manager, realtor, TDC, or county, I would not want that liability of making people sick or even killing them hanging over my head.