• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bsullie

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Seacrest Florida
While eating at the Old Florida...I heard some people saying that Shades in Seaside lost their lease and will close December 31st with a huge free food and booze party...anybody elso know about this? Also, I heard that Bud and Alleys will loose their lease next year...what the H___ is the controlling person of Seaside thinking...Fermentations replaced by a flower shop? Must be someone who doesn't get it... :dunno:

skippertoo

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
Atlanta (Midtown)
I tried to find you the info on the seaside site but could not. There was a big writeup last spring in the seaside times that talked about the original plan and doing away with the wooden temporary buildings. Maybe someone has it and can post it.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
bsullie said:
While eating at the Old Florida...I heard some people saying that Shades in Seaside lost their lease and will close December 31st with a huge free food and booze party...anybody elso know about this? Also, I heard that Bud and Alleys will loose their lease next year...what the H___ is the controlling person of Seaside thinking...Fermentations replaced by a flower shop? Must be someone who doesn't get it... :dunno:

Yes, Fermentations, which had their final blowout party on New Years Eve in 2004, was sadly replaced with a flower shop which specialized in weddings. The flower shop closed the doors a while back. What Seaside was thinking, I do not know.

I have not heard a specific date for Shades closing.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
You can have Shades...But Bud's cannot close. :pissed: I'll chain myself to the rooftop bar. Over my dead body. :pissed:

Yes, Shades is out of there at the end of December. I have heard that for several years that Bud & Alley's is getting shafted by Seaside and that David has had better offers elsewhere. So sad. :puke: Seaside will never be the same.

Shades will be replaced by a white-tablecloth restaurant. Dunno what we'll use as a substitute for Shades' casual menu.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Beach Runner said:
Yes, Shades is out of there at the end of December. I have heard that for several years that Bud & Alley's is getting shafted by Seaside and that David has had better offers elsewhere. So sad. :puke: Seaside will never be the same.

Shades will be replaced by a white-tablecloth restaurant. Dunno what we'll use as a substitute for Shades' casual menu.

I hear the new JB's Chinese Buffet, located in Freeport, has a casual menu. :funn:

Smiling JOe said:
I hear the new JB's Chinese Buffet, located in Freeport, has a casual menu. :funn:
So does Texas Roadhouse in Newnan, GA. How is that (i.e., restaurants in Freeport) relevant? There's also Mr. Ho (LOLOL), a Chinese buffet in Elba. Should I drive there for dinner?

Hey, SJ, I've just dishing out what you're dishing out, all in fun and friendship, at least on my side of the fence. :D

Or are we stuck with spending a minimum of $20 a person for dinner on 30-A? Guess I'll get off my lazy rear and cook at night (or pick up steamed shrimp at Goatfeathers and a salad at Publix),

Last edited:

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Kimmifunn said:
You can have Shades...But Bud's cannot close. :pissed: I'll chain myself to the rooftop bar. Over my dead body. :pissed:

I'll be with you Girl! What should I wear??????? !!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: Miss Kitty will be on "THE LOVE BOAT!" ( Barry White's voice just entered my body! how skeery!) I'll be there for me, Miss Kitty, MM, Merman, GTTBD, and HMM) just help me on the appropriate attire!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Beach Runner said:
So does Texas Roadhouse in Newnan, GA. How is that (i.e., restaurants in Freeport) relevant? There's also Mr. Ho (LOLOL), a Chinese buffet in Elba. Should I drive there for dinner?

Hey, SJ, I've just dishing out what you're dishing out, all in fun and friendship, at least on my side of the fence. :D

Or are we stuck with spending a minimum of $20 a person for dinner on 30-A? Guess I'll get off my lazy rear and cook at night (or pick up steamed shrimp at Goatfeathers and a salad at Publix),
The relevence is that one day, we will all drive to Freeport to eat casual food, and it is much closer than Elba.;-)