• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

br549

Beach Comber
Apr 2, 2008
Really, did you hear this from a family member? Did he tell you this himself ? Weren't you the one on a previous quote stating in the defense of Danny that we shouldn't go on rumors alone. How do YOU know who Mike will bring if he is elected Sheriff? You stated you based your voting decision on lack of Dannys supporters bashing, and now here you are doing so yourself.

Funny how you dont want anyone on here to believe that Ralph is backing Danny, yet you want EVERYONE to believe that Mike is bringing people from the PD who some on here are calling bad people, which I doubt that they are. Dont throw stones honey if you live in a glass house. :shock:

I agree with you....:clap:

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
And place the signs on private property rather then the right of way option.

I didn't know Danny Griffin at all until he started running as a Democrat a few months ago. Through the past few months, I've come to see a man who keeps his own counsel, is not swayed by others (including his wife, his daughters, well-meaning political advisors), and has quietly been campaigning one on one with many people across the county. (I urged him to get out there and swing with the best of them.) It's not his style.

I understand that Johnson and perhaps another Republican or two have endorsed him. But, from what I've heard and seen, I would be shocked if that would make much difference to him. He loves law enforcement and has a respect for the law that comes from 30 years experience in that field -- not only on the road as a highway patrolman but as instructor to others entering the field.

He sets his own priorities -- almost missing an important "political meeting," when his grandmother, who was having a good day among many bad ones, wanted to have her "hair done." He seems to have earned enormous respect from people who have known him for years, and he believes that respect can translate into trust from the public -- trust that the sheriff's department will protect all the people -- efficiently and fairly.

He walks the walk -- not being willing to campaign one minute before his leave of absence was official from the highway patrol. I'll be very disappointed if the old boy network and cronism would play any part in his department -- if he is elected.

Well said!!!!:clap:

tidefan517

Beach Comber
Sep 16, 2008
I heard from another reliable resource that RJ's intentions are to throw his support to DG so that he can still hold a high position in the sheriffs department and keep the same admin staff that apparently cant use a calculater or file important documents where they can be found.
So basically, the poor citizens of walton county will still have to endure the disfunctional practices of RJ, should DG get elected.... i guess it is true.. you can cut the head off of a snake but it doesn't die til the sun goes down.

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
i heard from another reliable resource that rj's intentions are to throw his support to dg so that he can still hold a high position in the sheriffs department and keep the same admin staff that apparently cant use a calculater or file important documents where they can be found.
So basically, the poor citizens of walton county will still have to endure the disfunctional practices of rj, should dg get elected.... I guess it is true.. You can cut the head off of a snake but it doesn't die til the sun goes down.

I heard from a reliable source that elvis is alive and living right here in waltoncounty, so it must be true!!!!! Unless you heard it from danny which i know for a fact that you didnt, its not and i do mean not a reliable source. Rather your source is not reliable and will do anything to get his boy in there, even if it takes making up vicous, fictous rumors. Because in danny lies a quiet proffesional..... A formatable opponent, so be scared ma fans, and keep the lies coming because that’s all you have

tidefan517

Beach Comber
Sep 16, 2008
SWEET!!! could you get your reliable resource to get his autograph for me? I would like to sell it on EBAY...I'm sure i can get enough money to pay to keep deputies from losing jobs.

tidefan517

Beach Comber
Sep 16, 2008
A quiet professional??? Isn't that half the problem now? RJ was a "quiet" professional....I use "professional" loosely, we need someone who is accountable and who isnt affraid to open his mouth and speak for what he stands for, someone who will answer questions directly not coward behind his staff who is so affraid of losing their job if they don't defend his "honor"... another term i use loosely for RJ.

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
I don't have a dog in this hunt but I do know that an absence of official response will lead to more innuendo, especially in Walton County politics. I understand what you are saying about emailing him and calling him, but let me point out that elections are not won on a person by person basis when you are an underdog in a county that leans HEAVILY in the opposite direction.

If I was campaigning for office, I would be campaigning. I would be out front every chance I could saying who I am, what I stand for/against, what I would do different. Politics are often a popularity contest, more than they should be, and local politics is even worse. So, take this for what it's worth and encourage Mr. Griffith to do everything he can to "talk" to the people, even if it's in a mass format via a bulletin board. This was one of the biggest knock's on the current Sheriff and if Mr. Griffith is smart he should make it his biggest strength.

By the way, this board has one active republican poster that was won the vote of MANY democrats in this election. I don't think he would have had that opportunity if it wasn't for the board.

I already told you, Danny will be making an appearance on this forum. You can count on that

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
A quiet professional??? Isn't that half the problem now? RJ was a "quiet" professional....I use "professional" loosely, we need someone who is accountable and who isnt affraid to open his mouth and speak for what he stands for, someone who will answer questions directly not coward behind his staff who is so affraid of losing their job if they don't defend his "honor"... another term i use loosely for RJ.

Well if you knew Danny would would know him and RJ are two different animals. But you obviously have alot to loose in this elecyion so you will keep your lies coming wont you. I only hope others will see through all your clouded muddied water.

tidefan517

Beach Comber
Sep 16, 2008
HUH? I am kinda disapponted i thought you would have something wittier to say than that ...your making my job of making you look bad easy here.