• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DFSboy

Beach Lover
Jul 13, 2008
Can anyone comment on the polls that have been conducted here in Walton concerning the sheriff's race? What do you think?

Seeker1

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2008
thanks for asking

I learned more about the people than I have the candidates. Overall I'm impressed with the level of intelligence residing within the county.

Last edited:

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Atkinson 29 percent
Johnson 19 percent
Cooper 9 percent

margin of error 4.7 percent - 21 percent undecided

Poll completed 1 week ago

Last I saw

DFSboy

Beach Lover
Jul 13, 2008
Atkinson 29 percent
Johnson 19 percent
Cooper 9 percent

Last I saw

Interested Girl,

Thanks. Looks good for Adkinson, uh? Way good!!

A ten percent lead seems like a big lead in such a crowded race. Really Big!!

Who paid for the poll? I can get a majority to say the sky is falling if I ask the question the right way.:rotfl: From what I hear and how candidates are acting I would say that is off. You do not plant negative stories about a particular candidate if you have a 20 point lead on them due to the backlash that negative politics always brings.:yikes: I would think the race is very close with Cooper and ralph about even in front, Adkinson close behind and Cornman about 5% behind those three. :dunno: That is just personal observation and attitudes in different parts of the county may be diffrerent than here.:dunno:

Seeker1

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2008
ewwww

Atkinson 29 percent
Johnson 19 percent
Cooper 9 percent

Last I saw
I find it hard to believe ralph over anyone!

If what you say is true, then Walton County will once again be stifled and doomed to repeat history rather than stand out and make history.

Last edited:

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
The poll was the most extensive poll done this cycle and was run by one of our developers. It not only measured the candidates "likely voterd" but also measured the issues and perceptions those voters had on each candidate.

Your belief is that Atkinson tried to take out Cooper, but in reality it was Cornman - the desperate one. Atkinson wants Cooper to do well in Miramar Beach - that is Ralph County - and every vote that Cooper gets helps Atkinson.

I am sure that those numbers have closed some, but that margin will not be overcome. It will be closer but it will be Atkinson IMO.

The poll was the most extensive poll done this cycle and was run by one of our developers. It not only measured the candidates "likely voterd" but also measured the issues and perceptions those voters had on each candidate.

Your belief is that Atkinson tried to take out Cooper, but in reality it was Cornman - the desperate one. Atkinson wants Cooper to do well in Miramar Beach - that is Ralph County - and every vote that Cooper gets helps Atkinson.

I am sure that those numbers have closed some, but that margin will not be overcome. It will be closer but it will be Atkinson IMO.

Since you have access, mind sharing the results of the two BCC races? Any other races that were included including the possible D-4 that I saw mentioned? :D

DFSboy

Beach Lover
Jul 13, 2008

Interested Girl,

You seem pretty smart. I agree. This explains why Adkinson has seemingly concentrated his campaign on North Walton, and not expressed great interest in South Walton at all.

Go ahead, let Cooper keep getting all of Johnson's "South Walton" votes, while Adkinson takes care of North Walton, thereby winning the primary. Fuel prices are high. If I'm right, with a moderately strong candidate (such as Cooper) collecting lots of votes on the south-end, essentially Adkinson didn't really have to travel across the bridge (331) during the entire campaign anyway. Yet still wins the primary.

See, other people... Adkinson seems to have turned it around and used his opposition to his own advantage. Historically, Walton candidates have concentrated mostly on the south-end to win an election. Flip, flop it around... fool people up good. Stay north, save gas, and eventually win the election, while all those other candidates go straight to the south-end to politic. To late for us northern folks now, though.

Go Adkinson!!