• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

abenner17

Beach Crab
Dec 18, 2011
Hi, I have gone to the SoWal area so many times as a child and I want to live there with my husband and children. Where would you suggest we live that has a good school district, and living conditions. I have been looking online at the different school districts, I just really need some help with this! Moving to this area has always been my dream, and now my family is ready to start a new chapter! Thank you for whoever can help!

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Hi, I have gone to the SoWal area so many times as a child and I want to live there with my husband and children. Where would you suggest we live that has a good school district, and living conditions. I have been looking online at the different school districts, I just really need some help with this! Moving to this area has always been my dream, and now my family is ready to start a new chapter! Thank you for whoever can help!

I say live your dream. This is not a dress rhearsal. Go for it! Make sure the road goes both ways on your way here and if it does not work out, take the road back.

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
I moved to South Walton in 8th grade from a large city and went to school there for two years before leaving for boarding school. The schools have been continuously improving over the years and I would say they are fine. Realize though, that they are very small and if you are coming from a populated area, opportunities will be severely limited. There are definitely good things about having smaller schools, but the lack of opportunities was pretty evident.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I cannot relate to your particular situation since my wife and I are older and retired. We bought a condo down here in 1991, moved down permanently in 2003 and have never regretted it one single day. It is our idea of a retirement dream and it could just as well be yours.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Get jobs first and be aware that living here is very different from vacationing here.

But living here is pretty damn great!